Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:ausflag:tesoro 9v battery

iron bark

Just asking has anyone tried 9v rechargeable batteries in their detector or are non rechargeable batteries the best
STILL LOOKING FOR A OUTLAW :ausflag:
thanks regards john

i read that fresh regular batteries have a bit more volts and will last longer than a fresh rechargeable ones. i have never used the rechargeable in my vaquero though. hunted from mid april thru end of october with the energizer max batteries. not everyday. but on weekends and a evening or two after work during the week. used less than 20 dollars of them. thats trashing them when down to 4-3 beeps. hear buy them with at least a 4 year shelf life. if your going to be hunting all the time all day long. rechargeable may be the way to go. but just for recreational hunting, three or four bucks a month is damn cheap for batteries. if you use headphones they will go a lot further too. i usually dont use them because i do not have a decent pair. but if people are around, i do.

I use 9 volts from Lowes. They are inexpensive, last a long time and have a little rubber cap on them to keep them from accidentally draining. I carry an ammo pack to keep my finds, junk, soda extra batteries... I keep the batteries in a pocket. One day I needed a new battery in the Vaquero and both extras {energizers} were completely drained. I guess the canvas touching both ends drained them over time. The one from Lowes with the rubber cap , that wont happen. I think they were less than a dollar each. They come in a plastic case.

I agree with the above. Buy any decent alkaline and when you get to 4 beeps, pitch them. To me rechargeable batteries don't even last as long as cheap akalines. I have bought $2 akalines that last as long as Duracel's. I would bet there are only 2-3 battery manufacturers and they make batteries for everyone.

I use only rechargeable in my detectors and pin pointers. Even beginning to use them in household electronics.
All electronics have voltage regulators. Whatever minor voltage increase you might get from a certain battery will be leveled out by the regulator and will also shut down your machine when it reaches the point where its ineffective.
Use rechargeables, they work well and save you money. HF has great prices and and the batteries seem work very well.

In my metal detectors I use rechargeble's. I buy the LSD type (Low Self Discharge)

Mark

I''ve stuck with good quality alkalines. They last long enough for the amount of detecting I do, in fact, I'd like to be detecting enough that battery life is a serious concern. I have no argument with those that use rechargeables, but I just haven't felt the need, personally.
BB

For me and losing my job and money getting tighter and tighter, when the company announced closing the warehouse I worked for and while I was still getting a pay check I bought up some LSD 9v, LSD AAA's, and a few LSD AA's and chargers for them. Then after my job was gone and out of money (well lean on money) I wouldn't need to buy batteries for my hobby. Years of no buying batteries. I also have a "Renew-it" charger for Non Rechargeable batteries, these I don't use in my Metal detector, but for flashlights, the grandkids game controllers, building motion detector alarm and others battery operated things around the house I can recycle regular batteries a few times before I throw them away.
So, my metal detectoring battery buying days are pretty much gone!

The LSD batteries, will last way over a very long day of hunting! and my AAA's can be charged from a car's 12v system, or household AC.
They just make sense to me!

Mark

I guess I'm not understanding the thought process of paying for alkalines. An HF 9v or pack of 2300mAH AAAs can be bought for $4-7. A Powerex 9v is around $10. These can be recharged 100s of times.
Even if you buy the cheapest brand alkaline at say $2.99 or Dollar Store for a buck you can't beat the value of rechargeables.
$7.00x100 recharges is still $7.00.
$2.99x100 purchases is $299.00.
Its an overstatement, but you get the picture. You can pick up a couple of Compadres for what gets spent on alkaline.
Just say'n.....

If I was putting in the hours I'd agree, but unfortunately I only need 3 or 4 a season.
BB

BillF said:
I guess I'm not understanding the thought process of paying for alkalines. An HF 9v or pack of 2300mAH AAAs can be bought for $4-7. A Powerex 9v is around $10. These can be recharged 100s of times.
Even if you buy the cheapest brand alkaline at say $2.99 or Dollar Store for a buck you can't beat the value of rechargeables.
Its an overstatement, but you get the picture. You can pick up a couple of Compadres for what gets spent on alkaline.
Just say'n.....

I need to rethink using rechargeable batteries. I tried using rechargeable c cells on my Whites , years ago. They would not last long , so I gave up on them. The Whites Eagle is a battery hog anyway. Maybe newer batteries are better .

hatpin said:
BillF said:
Just say'n.....

I need to rethink using rechargeable batteries. I tried using rechargeable c cells on my Whites , years ago. They would not last long , so I gave up on them. The Whites Eagle is a battery hog anyway. Maybe newer batteries are better .

The newer LSD rechargeables are in a completely different class than those of just a few years ago.
Check out batteyjunction dot com,
look through their chargers and LSD batteries.

Mark