Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:ausflag:Time Ranger.

nugget

Hi all, I was wondering how many of us BH users own the Time Ranger, and use it consistantly? I like the look of the unit, and was hoping for some input. Thanks, regards Nugget.:detecting:

Just out of curiosity Dalton...Why did you step back down from the Time Ranger? Just wondering as I have been aspiring to buy a Time Ranger. My second choice for a new detector is the Tesoro Cibola.

HH,

BH-LandStar

I've had the Time Ranger for about 2 months, have only been able to get out about 4 times. Every time I take it out I better understand what it is telling me, and I've got to say...I'm loving it! I've owned the Pioneer 202 (QDII) about 5 years. I can't say enough good about that machine. It's hard working, sturdy, good depth, and you can trust what it's saying. I tell you the honest truth, I've never been skunked on an outing. It's so honest I've even nicknamed it "George" after George Washington because it never tells a lie. So when I got the Time Ranger I had very high expectations. I've got to be honest, the first time out I was a little disappointed. But the second time I took it out I realized that my initial disappointment is because of inexperience. The more I use it, the better it gets.

I've already told you how much I like the QDII, because I know it so well. But the Time Ranger has already surpassed my confidence in the QDII and growing with every outing. Here's what I have noticed. The 202 (QDII) is dead on accurate up to 6-8 inches depending on the target. With the Time Ranger I am now going 10 - 12 inches, and like the 202 it is dead on accurate. With the 202 I became very proficient with my 9" narrow screwdriver as a probe to locate and remove targets. With the Time Ranger it is now necessary for me to dig more plugs because the targets are deeper.

The other thing I've discovered is I am finding way more nickels than I ever did before. That may not sound like much but gold often reads the same a nickels and logically if you find more nickels you are going to find more gold. I now find as many nickels as I do dimes, and the 202 is a dime magnet. Do I like the Time Ranger? Yes, indeed I do. I can hardly wait to get out and learn more about it's operation. It does have a higher learning curve than the 202 because it is fully programmable and that takes a little bit of practice. Of course it is also a turn on and go machine with it's pre-programed settings. I just like the option of being able to set it just the way I want it. It makes me feel I have a bit more control over it's operation. In my opinion it is a great machine. There is a reason it is at the top of Bounty Hunters line of detectors. But, bottom line, you have to use the machine you are most comfortable with. I looked at and considered upgrading to the Time Ranger for a long time. It was my dream machine. I finally made the purchase and I am totally satisfied with my decision and glad I did it.

nugget my good freind i hope this day finds you well! check out kellycodetectors.com and go to the bountyhunter page and scroll down to the new titans and check them out too ,they look too be much simpler same price and i bought a titan 200 and love it! the titan 3000 pro seems to be the time ranger equivalent for the same price (about) any how check these guys out i think you will love this co. and by the way im having a blast with this hobby and living my dreams!!! ty again for all your help and advice to me, i hope ive returned the favor a little with this posting for you! god bless! scott c.

I went from a Tracker IV to a Time Ranger and am very pleased I did!
It was also the first time I ever found a nickel and lots of them!
Pinpointin' is the best. Allow yourself time to learn the machine!

HH

Nugget,
All I can say is that I love hunting with the TR. I no longer even use a pin pointer. Instead I switch to all metal and with in a few seconds I am ready to pop the coin with my probe. It took longer to poke around with the pin pointer so now I only use it on deep targets. I do notice that as our soils dries out I am losing depth. Was getting dimes from close to a foot deep! Now about 10` on dimes. Anyway good luck Sir.
HH,
Doug in OR

hello nugget, ive heard nothing but good about the time ranger machine. it might help you to go to metal detector reviews website - just next door to here. i can already see an increase in finds coming your way! hh,

Hi Nugget, you might try out the website of our former poster (hasn't
posted in a long time, hope he's OK), Pineapple (Chris DuPonte),
and his "detecting tips" article where he talks about one of his fav
detectors, the Time Ranger and how best to use it...

http://koloheboy.freehosting.net/custom2.html

Pineapple lives in Georgia and is a foremost expert on very old sites
and how to search tips. Great information!
Good Luck with your TR!
..W

Thanks all for your time and input, much appreciated!!! HH regards Nugget.:detecting:

Aloha Nugget, as a BH user along with other detectors I use, I can honestly say I have been using the TR for years now (both generations of them). If I had to rate the TR against any other detector I would say it will hold it's own in the right users hands against any other out on the market!

Yeah it is me (Pineapple) and I know I have been out of touch for a relatively long time (sorry bout that). I was just briowsing some links when I ran across this one and decided I'd pop in. See alot of old familiar names.....sure does bring back memories.

Well, lemme go and hope to pop back in in the next few days or so. BTW, I finally got my website (Pineapples Detecting Site (all you need do is google it!)) back up and running. I haven't made too many changes, but am just glad I got it back to working again. Was having some serous problems with it and couldn't even edit or do anything else with it for well over a year. Lots of work to do on it to get it all back in shape.

Will be going on a old toll road/bridge site later today. Hope to find some nice goodies. :biggrin:

Pineapple, it is really good to hear from you again! It's been a long time.

Hey Time Ranger, I have the 202 and a titan 3000 i like the titan very much and it does very well discrimanating, what i like best about it is it still has the the normal ID's across the top but it also has the numaric numbers to discriminate one step further and is as accurate as the 202, My problem was when i first got the titan, i kept wanting to fall back and grab the 202 when hunting just for the comfortable feeling, i new the 202 machine. But now time on the titan i would put the titan right up there with a lot of the machines

Aloha Wayne and the rest of the gang here, yes it has been a long time since I have been back on one of the forums. Lots has transpired for me over the course of the last year and a half though am now close enough to retiring and getting my swing back in shape. Still use the TR though lean more to my T2 now than I do the TR. I still use it though when I feel it is the right spot to do so. I trust my TR as much as I do the T2 or any other detector I own (all 14 of them). I went out last Friday on a 6hr hunt with my daughters father-in-law and my brother we had a good time to say the least. None of us got rich but I did well for the first 6hr hunt in a long, long time. We detected a old toll bridge which in my opinion was a washout probably due to the fact it has been flooded about four times that I know of in the last 75yrs or so. Only came away with about a buck or maybe less, all clad. :sadwalk:

We left that place after maybe a hour and a half then headed for another site which used to be an old juke joint. The place has been closed since 1994 when we had the big flood here. Anyway, this place produced a lot of clad and was a sweet place to detect. I pulled about 16 dollars out of it in about 4 hrs, mostly quarters.:biggrin: I concentrated my hunt to quarters and dimes (silver in gen) as I didn't want to be bothered with the other stuff.;) I used the TR rather than the T2 only because I knew the TR wouldn't have problems in a trashy area full of rusted junk. I did switch over to the T2 once I found some spots that were clear enough that I could work them with confidence. The TR was pretty much dead on on all the hits. I even found one of them zodiac key chain rings. It was one for Aries that has the spinning Dodge Emblem (the Ram Head) in the center. Nice little piece about four inches down. Gave it to my daughter since her sign is a Aries.

Was nice getting out again and doing some serious detecting. I have been out a few times though only for an hour or two at best. This was the first 6hr hunt I can think of since I gave it up awhile back after losing my grandson. I plan on doing a 8hr hunt this weekend over at an old abandoned mill that lies back in the woods about 10mi from here. I have already secured permission to do so, so I'll be heading that way this Saturday.

Well y'all take care and wish y'all full bags of treasure. Take care.

Hello Pineapple, If I found $16 in one day, I'd be talking about it for months. You had a great day - congradulations. Best day I ever had was a little over $5. It sure is good to see you back posting.

$16 in a day is pretty run of the mill over here at surfers Paradise, I average around $35 and sometimes get $70 to $80 a night plus jewelery. Where the most people congregate there be the most loot! HH regards Nugget.:detecting: