Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Auto or Manual Sensitivity?

mas0n83

How do you guys run your machine? Im new to the safari and have been using auto
just curious to see how everyone is running theres

Usually auto in parks and schoolyards, but hi manual everywhere else(beach, woods) + anytime I am hitting an area I think is particularly rich in good targets. I honestly don't think that you miss much by hunting in auto and the peace of mind you often get is worth it.

The simpler you can run your machine, the better. Auto works just fine in almost all situations. I have found silver coins in beat to death areas in factory coins mode. There is no magic settings or modes, time in the field and research is what brings home the goodies.

I agree with above. When I'm out in a field or woods, I usually go manual and almost always I start too low. I get sick of all the false tones and go up till it's stable. It will give you more depth, but Auto works great a vast majority of the time. So true what Surfinsafari said, the simpler the better and dig a lot of hits. You just never know......

you would be surprised at the depth you get even at lower sensitivity, I had mine on 12 one time & was still digging targets 7" deep with no problem.
I usually try to run manual as high as possible. Sometimes some sites are just to chatty I guess because of the mineral content in the ground, at these spots I run auto.