Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Auvio 33-283 wireless

okdirtfisher

I read the post this morning and saw a reply on the wireless headphones that appear to work with the MXTs.I made a purchase of a pair this morning, put a full charge on the unit took em for a test run.Just returned from radio shack after receiving full refund.I either had the misfortune of purchasing a already faulty pair or they are not compatible.Another member has a pair that seem to work for him and I will not disput his reply,I just want some wireless for my MXTs.Think I'll call Whites ask If I can do some field testing for them,surly they have somthing in the works.:whites::thumbup::detecting::nopity:

hello david,I put a full charge on the headset plugged the transmitter into my pro, ground balanced. and it was all snap crackle and pop from there went to an area in the yard I use as a test garden and never looked back from there accept as I was backing out of the drive receipt in hand.However now that I have a renewed trust in the money back if not satisfied offer of the local retailer I may do some field testing and after hearing your experience with the Auvio I may try another pair I bougth brand new packaged products that once opened didn't work as advertised before so know first hand it happens,Thanks:yo:

Check out Logiteck Free Pulse Wireless no delay worked good for me .

[size=medium]I recently put together wireless headphones for metal detectors using these Radio Shack parts:
> AUVIO Portable Digital Wireless Stereo Headphones Part # 33-283
> Adapter Plug 1/4

Hunt4Fun said:
[size=medium]I recently put together wireless headphones for metal detectors using these Radio Shack parts:
> AUVIO Portable Digital Wireless Stereo Headphones Part # 33-283
> Adapter Plug 1/4

Ran across a pair of these headphones used and am very impressed with the quality of sound on my MP3, phone and computer. Need to take them out with V3i to see if I can use them to help teach the audio aspects of detecting. We'll see. (Even if they don't work for me when doing this...they are so nice for everything else anyways.) Want to thank you Hunt4Fun.....your model #'s with the parts made for a quick grab.

I have wireless on my machines. It's the older RS system 33-1253 Works great. I will be buying the Auvio soon since RS discontinued the 33-1253's. I'm sure your will work on the MXT. You can buy 2 types of 1/4 x 1/8 adapters. Stereo and Mono. You need the stereo type to make it work. Buy a right angle one because for me they look and work better at hooking up the dongle.

Have since moved to the v3i for sure no more wireless issues.I'm sure if the right deal presents it's self I'll be obtaining another mxt series machine,just for giggles.
Very pleased with Whites!:detecting::whites:

Well, have the 33-283's working with my V3i (not for actual use by me but for teaching audio). They would not work with my backpack machine (Classic III Plus). Does anyone know if an analog RF pair would work with it?

Just like the 33-1253's, they worked great on my XT705 but would not work on the G2.....They don't make the 33-1253 anymore but I still have a pair I use on my PC, they work great......

Do the wireless headphones make all of the targets sound the same volume? I have hearing loss and I am afraid I might miss deeper targets with regular headphones.

I have several pair of the Auvio 33-283's. I can make out very faint sounds, as well as loud ones that about blow my ears off. They also have an adjustable volume control, so you can always turn it up more.

Most modern White