Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Awaiting the Anouncement of the E-Trac II

DukeOBass

n/t

Just waiting to buy. I'm sure the next one will be awesome!

If the past is any indication, you'll have about a 3 years wait for the next model and based on the XS, II, and SE there probably won't be much of a difference in the units. :biggrin:

with my SE and the SEF coil. The E-Trac sounds very interesting except I'm concerned about the shallow depths a lot of posters are complaining about.

What shallow depth??--My depth meter hits 3/4 down to bottom out when the target is there (and the depth guage has been accurate).--No brag-just FACT!

Maybe I've been getting the wrong impression. It just seemed to me that a majority of the posts were complaint about the lack of depth.

There have only been 3 people that I'm aware of and one guy seems to think the unit was defective and sent it back to Minelab. As I said before none of these gentlemen have quantified their claims by finding a deep target with the Explorer and then running the E-Trac over it and not beng able to pick it up. Seems to me that this would prove or disprove the claims regarding depth. I'd say the great majority here and in England are amazed at the depth they are getting even in the stock coins program.

As with any new detector future versions of it can always have improvements made to them. That being said the E-Trac is a great detector. You mentioned the lack of depth that some users are getting. Well for the most part I haven't seen it except in one instance. But most of the people of the people that have been describing a lack or target depth are taking the E-Trac to heavily hunted dare I say Hunted Out locations yet even so they are still finding coins. Interestingly enough some of these coins have only been roughly 6" deep. They may no longer have any deeper coins at these locations. But first let's go back to these shallow old coins. Why where these coins missed in the past while hunting those areas with the Explorer. There are 3 possibilities that come to mind right away..there maybe others. First the coins were on edge in the past and through the ground freezing, thawing and refeezing the coins have turned from being on edge to being flat and being more detectable. Two the E-Trac with it's faster processing ability is able to separate these coins from the surrounding trash better than the older Explorers were capable. And last but not least maybe these coins were on edge or angled in the ground and due to thier weak signal in the past were undetectable with previous Explorers but were within the capabilities of the E-Trac. I don't know for sure what the reason was but some people have reported that the coins they have been digging have been on edge so maybe that is the reason for some of the shallow depth reports. Actually there is a 4th possibility and that is lack of experience with a NEW detector that may take a few hunts with to learn how to set to get the best performance from and that will vary from location to location and person to person. So while you sit and wait for version 2 the rest of us will be out digging coins and jewelry leaving even less behind for version 2 hunters to find :) :) :) :)

HH

Beachcomber