Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AWESOME DETECTOR

B.RATNY

Due to our mild winter I was able to take out my new Racer over the weekend and hit a couple of my favorite pounded sites. I absolutely love the speed of this machine, I dove right in and took it to the most iron infested spots I could. The two tone mode is great in the iron and seems to be able to zero in on the good targets even in the heavy junk. These are just a few of the finds made from my outing. I also found a bunch of wheat pennies, a couple flat buttons, a small silver religious medal and a few other interesting odds and ends. I was using the stock coil which really impressed me, I can just imagine how great the OOR coil will be in the trash. Can't wait to get it.
HH Butch NY

Now take the OOR coil to the same place and get the rest.:super:

That 1864 Injun is shweeeeet!

I keep seeing this happen, great finds.

If you're digging coins and silver and using 2 tone, 3 tone will blow you away. 3 tone does that job so much better it's like cheating......

Agree 100% on that IH! It will keep getting better, WTG!

B.RATNY said:
Due to our mild winter I was able to take out my new Racer over the weekend and hit a couple of my favorite pounded sites.
Winter where I am in far Eastern Oregon has been pretty decent. Most of the snow is gone around here, and they forecast highs of 56° next Monday and Tuesday. Let's hope good spring weather will arrive for most of us soon.

B.RATNY said:
I absolutely love the speed of this machine, I dove right in and took it to the most iron infested spots I could.
By that are you referring to the recovery speed? Also, in your "most iron infested" spots, what type of iron is the main offender? How closely spaced or encounters per sweep?

B.RATNY said:
The two tone mode is great in the iron and seems to be able to zero in on the good targets even in the heavy junk.
I love the 2-Tone mode for most work I do in trashy old sites I hunt, and I mean very dense ferrous junk, mainly nails, in very closely spaced abundance. There's other junk to, hunting old home sites, former barn and other outbuilding sites, town sites, mining camps, etc. I sometimes work in 3-Tone a little just for a change of pace, maybe for 10-15 minutes or so, then go back to 2-Tone, re-hunt that area and continue on. I use 3-Tone mode mainly for traditional urban Coin Hunting.

In 2-Tone I generally keep my ID Filter [size=small](Discrimination level)[/size] set at '10' and seldom increase to ±21 to just barely reject iron nails. Where did you run your ID Filter?

B.RATNY said:
These are just a few of the finds made from my outing. I also found a bunch of wheat pennies, a couple flat buttons, a small silver religious medal and a few other interesting odds and ends. I was using the stock coil which really impressed me, I can just imagine how great the OOR coil will be in the trash. Can't wait to get it.
Nice looking finds, especially the 1864 Indian Head, Great shape for a 152 your old coin!

Once you get the little 'OOR' coil and work with it in very trashy conditions, you just might leave it on the Racer full-time. I know that's what I do, as do several of my Racer-using friends. I keep smaller coils on most of my detectors for full-time service and rarely switch coils. Unless I don't have another model already equipped for such assignment, which I just happen to. Matter of fact, I was ready to head out today with my Racer & 'OOR' to an old site, but they are coming to install a new wood stove and piping this morning so I had to change my plans.

Might have to hold off 'til Friday and a buddy & I will take our FORS CoRe's and Racer's to an old CCC camp location and a WWII POW camp location. We might nab some Merc.'s like you did, but our older ghost towns sites, 35 miles to 1 hour drive away are still snow bound with 5" to 8", so I don't think a beautiful old Indian Head will come our way at next weeks sites.

Report back once you get the 'OOR'-mounted Racer out to your iron littered sites.

Monte

amberjack said:
stop it :blowup: waiting for the impact :biggrin: or something like that !

AJ

AJ add to that the Racer 2! Choices choices choices....gotta love it :drool: a

3RINGER said:
amberjack said:
stop it :blowup: waiting for the impact :biggrin: or something like that !

AJ

AJ add to that the Racer 2! Choices choices choices....gotta love it :drool: a

3RINGER I didn't know when I said or something like that it would come so fast in a racer 2 , but man that was fast :lmfao: guess they call them racers for a reason :rofl:

my poor bank balance :ranting:

nice but hey !

AJ

Hi Monte, yes I did mean recovery speed. As far as the type of junk encountered I hunted a few different sites. The first was just a city park which has a mix of trash, nails, screw caps, foil, pull tabs and everything else in between. I used the Racer in three tone here and found most of my wheats and the silver dimes. The trash density was heavy, you can't swing the coil without hearing multiple targets. The silver bracelet came from an old softball field along with a couple more wheats and a silver religious medal. It was a little more forgiving with the amount of trash but not much. And the 1864 Indian Head plus quite a few old shell casings plus the usual what's it's came from an old home site. The iron level was very high mainly smaller squares nails and bits and pieces of other small iron. Here I used the two tone mode and was able to zero in on these targets nicely. Again you couldn't swing the coil without getting multiple iron targets. I'm looking forward to getting the OOR COIL I can only imagine how well it will work. I prefer smaller coils for most of the places I hunt and your probably right it may never come off.
HH Butch NY

the small 'OOR' coil because that's the one that gets used the most. Urban tot-lots and very littered picnic areas. Old ton sites, homesteads, barns and other similar places. Junk = a need for small coils and efficient detector design. The Racer 2 also get used the most with the OOR coil.

My older FORS CoRe has an OOR coil mounted, and I use the round 5" DD quite often on my FORS Gold+. It's mounted on its own lower rod for quick changes from the 5½X10 elliptical coil.

Many decades of small coil use have proven their worth to me, to be sure.

Monte