Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Awesome Thanksgiving morning hunt

DocBars

Got out early on Thanksgiving morning Decided to hit the courthouse lawn,glad I did. Got tired of digging clad so I started digging only 6" or deeper hits.All the older coins were deep.
HH

That was my thought when I read this post. Nice finds and glad you are in part of the country where they would let you metal detect the courthouse lawn.

dirtdigginlady said:
Wow courthouse lawn?? They sure won't let us hunt the courthouses around here. Nice finds

Now there is something else to be Thankful for! What a nice dig!
HH,
Bunker

YOU got gumption hunting the courthouse , funny they did not bring you to quart, good finds, especialy that barber quarter

GunnarMN said:
YOU got gumption hunting the courthouse , funny they did not bring you to quart, good finds, especialy that barber quarter
Gotta go in front of the Judge next week lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'll say! Show off :rofl:

Funny - exactly one year ago on Thanksgiving morning, I was hunting the courthouse here. I was doing OK, found a few silver coins. I was in the process of busily burrowing out another one next to the steps when I looked up to see two badges staring at me. I said 'Uh, Oh - how much trouble am I in??' They said that technically, no one is supposed to be on the grounds when the court is closed, but people often walk their dogs or picnic there. (there are no signs or fences...) We wound up having a long talk about MD'ing, one of them was getting ready to buy a detector, so I let him try mine out. They told me to take as long as I wanted to finish up the hunt and suggested some other sites. There is a county jail on the property behind the old courthouse, and they were making their rounds. There was also a Sheriff's station right next door, which I also detected ( to very little profit, the skin flints!) :cry:

William-NM said:
I'll say! Show off :rofl:

Funny - exactly one year ago on Thanksgiving morning, I was hunting the courthouse here. I was doing OK, found a few silver coins. I was in the process of busily burrowing out another one next to the steps when I looked up to see two badges staring at me. I said 'Uh, Oh - how much trouble am I in??' They said that technically, no one is supposed to be on the grounds when the court is closed, but people often walk their dogs or picnic there. (there are no signs or fences...) We wound up having a long talk about MD'ing, one of them was getting ready to buy a detector, so I let him try mine out. They told me to take as long as I wanted to finish up the hunt and suggested some other sites. There is a county jail on the property behind the old courthouse, and they were making their rounds. There was also a Sheriff's station right next door, which I also detected ( to very little profit, the skin flints!) :cry:

Sweet. Find a lot ??

The Sheriffs office is right across the street from the courthouse,no troubles at all. They just wave and go about there business.
HH