Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AWESOME token find

utahshovelhead

After 25 years of searching an old camp area in the Canyon and finding lots of fun old stuff I thought I had searched the place right out. In fact I hadn't even been up there for 3 years as it was so bad in this area. and very hard to hike to on the steep hills. Alta is an old Silver mining town and now a Ski Resort. They dont let you detect in the old Alta city but there are some lost foundations and camps up on those steep hills next to old partially filled mines from the early Utah days. Any way, packed up my 3030 ;and spent a few days up there this fall. Beautiful mountains. I found a few good things but surprisingly, just 5 inches under rocks and dirt, I found an Alta Bar Token good for 12 1/2 cents at the Bar. Its rare and in great shape. I wont post a pic but its awesome. 2 days later...I found a second one about 30 feet away. sliding off an embankment of sorts by an old horse road. 2 of them. Cant believe it. I use the Ctx on mineralized ground. I also use the E trac for less weight on steep hills. Both are nickle magnets for me. The Tokens are brass and the size of a nickle.. I waited to post the story until I knew that others who hunt old Utah wont be able to get to the hills and look for more due to snow...lol.