Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AYSO Soccer and Something Else

cwilk

Today is the day. Today was the day. Up early and home early with a small pile of loot, but more about that later.

I arrived at site one as the sun was rising and there were a whole bunch of people already there. I quickly determined they were laying out a new soccer field and that it was one man and a group of teen boys helping. The "man" told the boys what to do and then drove off. The boys were nice kids. We said hello. They watched me dig a few things and then set to work measuring and painting lines. As I dug my last coin, more about that later, the man returned. The boys were sitting on a bench as he checked their work. After a few minutes the man returned and gave the boys a real ass chewing. The field was 18 inches wider at one end than at the other. He was ranting and raving about it using some not very nice words. I thought back to when my girls (nieces) were in AYSO soccer which was quite frankly awful. As I remember it, those kids could have been playing in a cow pasture, with cows present, or anywhere else, and that the size and shape of the field did not matter. That much of the time the field lines were ignored. I also recall that about 90% of the games ended in ties. Nobody cared about scores, or records, or anything really. I also think back to the final game where all of the kids were chosen as MVPs. I still don't get that. It's weird that this moron cared so deeply about having a perfect field for these silly games to be played on. And if he really cared he should have stayed and helped the boys. Rather than go over and chew on his ass for a few minutes, I left. I wanted to, though.

Site two sucked.

Site three sucked.

How bad? I was digging these:

[attachment 318868 090515-1.JPG]

Anyway, here it is:

[attachment 318869 09051515-2.JPG]

That's the 50,000th coin I've dug using Garrett detectors. Ace 250, GTI 2500, AT Pro. This one found with my 2500 which is by far my favorite of the three. And I know John has dug a lot more, but let's not forget I've taken a few years off. And my 50,000th was almost a Canadian quarter! That one was 49,999!

Dedicated to Uncle Willy who once told me, "I never counted my coins, Bud, but it must be at least a quarter of a million." Go back in the archives and look for the photo of his jar of gold rings that he'd found. "These are the ones Mama didn't like..."

Chris

Onto 100K which I shall count down in increments of 100 coins for you. Starting next weekend!

So, they volunteered to ref some games. Well, after one game, someone from the losing teem fired a screwdriver at the car my son was in leaving after reffing a game with the the window was open, and thank goodness that screwdriver missed everyone in the car. They reported it to the cops, but they couldn't do anything because the kid was under 18. So yes......it's all about winning these days at all costs. And a lot of the parents are the ones at fault for promoting this in their kids. What ever happened to just plain do your best and have fun!

That wheat looked like it had seen better days.:rofl:. And congrats on reaching the 50,000 coin target. That's a lot of knee bends.:stretcher: