Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

B.O.N.E. 14 in Keene, NH April 21st

Went to the Sunday hunt connected with this show. Must say the weather and area was superb. This is the first hunt I was ever at, where of the 10 prize tokens that were buried, being 6 were not found, the prizes were not awarded, but were kept by the organization that put it on. Maybe for next years hunt or whatever. $6000 worth of prizes was to be given out, 'Plus' 10 caches prizes worth $50-$999, of which only 4 were given out. This kind of leaves a bad taste. You paid the hunt fee, they wrote your name down, and no tags, badges, numbers, or anything were given to you, therefore no way to even draw for the remaining unfound tokens. I believe a new person is going to run this hunt next year and hopefully this precedent will not prevail in this or any other organized hunt.

Prizes are received from donations and purchased from early entry fees and it is difficult to guess what we would receive for donations & entries in a hunt. Treasure hunters & fishermen sometimes exaggerate & I exaggerated the amount of items we wanted to put in the ground for the St Jude Children's Research Hospital hunt and I apologize.

To make things run easier at St Jude & BONE hunts, & have no long lines collecting prizes, we put donated merchandise received in the Charity St Jude Chinese Auction and buried all the metal donated items.

For the Open Hunt, we purchase at wholesale, coins, medals, silver & gold coins, jewelry, tokens, & replica coins, & the dealer always gives us a free bag of donated coins & jewelry. We always receive 100s of donations & I akways donate about $2,000 worth of previously found finds too.

It was previously decided, if cache tokens were not claimed, prizes would be held for a future St Jude Fund Charity hunt and not just handed out as bonus door prizes. This worked will, until this year, when hunters only found 1/2 of the buried tokens.

We purchased prizes & with donated prizes we put all in the ground & we had close to 800 targets. We also put bonus tokens in the ground for a Garrett Ace 150, a Garrett Ace 250, 2 Gold coins, 4 silver dollars, 1846 Seated Liberty silver dollar, a Tec T-2 metal detector, $50 of silver coins, 1885 U.S. $5 Gold coin, & a Lost Treasure, Digger & Gazette subscription.

This year, the hunt field was soggy & wet. Good signals weren't right on & many good targets were left in the ground, frustrating hunters.

I have listened to the constructive Critismn and the 2008 Hunt hunt committee will address them & try to solve them.

George Streeter

Thank you for the reply. When you travel for a few hours to a hunt, you expect the prizes to be as described and to be given out as stated. If you and the hunt committee decided some time ago not to give out the prizes for the tokens that were not found, it should have been on the advertising that was given out, whether it be 1 token or 6 tokens. I am glad to see your commitee will look into it and rectify the problem for next year.