Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"Baah-chess? I got me a steen-king baahge!"

Charlie P. (NY)

Slow day today. Short after supper hunt at a closed-up two-room Baptist church on the sales block (we have bunches of churches for sale in this area - still a depressed economy from the 80's "mini" recession).

One 1946 wheat cent, one '64 Mem. cent and a JR DEPUTY SHERIFFS' LEAGUE badge. Surprisingly, it seems to be silver (read 81 - I suppose it could be coin metal or German silver) and has a hand stamped serial number (2440) on the reverse. The image is after a scrubbing with soap and water and a rub with Flitz on a cloth. Default mode, 85 sensitivity, 3H tones and about 4" deep. I guess I should try to trace it back to the rightful owner. The church itself is surrounded by thousands of nails and hundreds of danged little pieces cut off the aluminum siding. This was in the side yard (actually where a farmer had just cut hay).

The rest is the accumulated spoils of three lunch breaks at the town park over the past week.

That badge does look neat, though. It would be interesting to know what is is made of. Nice find, regardless. HH jim tn

Nice badge Charlie, I would rather find stuff like that then a hand full of clad anyday.