Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

baby us buckle

n/t

Texjim....I think what you have found is a US box plate, not a buckle. The photo of the back of the plate sh owes where the brass hooks were. The two brass hooks passed through two slits in the cartridge box and were secured. Buckles have three large brass hooks used to attach it to the belt

Tom

I think the baby Us buckle have two prongs from what I was told and the box plates have a steel wire through them. Although i'm not a 100% but from the research i have found and what my uncle has told me that it is a baby us buckle. He is a big civil war buff. thanks and hh

Jim..US Buckles have hooks on the back (see Pic) I have recovered several baby paw buckles over the years and am quite familiar with them. Just my opinion. Tom B

http://www.shilohrelics.com/images/store/%7B08A7EE06-10A5-443C-9548-0D480041AAA4%7D_IMG_0522.jpg

Scroll down to Item# sr22707

What's it measure? How long is it?

Looks like a boxplate.

Richard