Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back at ya Monte......

Uncle Willy

Glad you're doing well bud and able to get out there and do some dirt fishing. I know what you mean by getting down and getting up when old Father Time is standing there to trip you. HA.

Yeah Compass cut quite a swath with their widescan coils. I owned Compass for many years and often wish I still had my old Relic Magnum back. Here a few years back I done a field test for Steve, when he was attempting to keep Compass afloat, on the Gold Scanner Pro. Often wonder where Compass would be on the industry ladder if they were still around. I sure hated to see them bite the dust.

On this Edge Pass Rejection or Logo Discrimination as I quickly labeled it because the honey spot on the Garrett coil is right under the logo on the tip of the coil., I've been using it for years but since it was a normal part of my detecting it never dawned on me that other folks might not be aware of it so on a whim I just tossed it out there and sure enough there are quite a number unfamiliar with it. Same with the "Twitch" that I coined some time ago, or the "Wiggle" as the Minelab boys call it, I've been using that since the old days using early Tesoros. Often I would hit a really deep target with my Tesoro and all I'd get for a signal was a faint whine spread over a large area that was impossible to pinpoint. I would then whip the coil very rapidly over the target and generate a narrower, crisper, signal that allowed me to pinpoint the target with some accuracy and retrieve it. It also worked well on corroded coins that gave a broken, disjointed signal, coins on edge, and other iffy signals. It never occurred to me that many folks were unaware of that trick until I tossed it out there.

There's all kinds of strange little quirks one can uncover experimenting with new detectors that never appears in the instruction manual. I suspect there may be a few with the Pro by the time I get through fooling with it. Stay healthy and I wish you well and happy hunting old bud. Take care.

Bill