Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from 6 hours of E-TRACing the Beaches :)

Beachcomber

Well the more I use it the more I like it. Payed more attention to what the Auto Sensitivity was doing this morning. It tracks the grounds changes really well. This morning my Sensitivity fluctuated between 21 and 27 depending on where I was on the beach. Also this morning I was at a different beach than yesterday and since the machine was running very stable I switched over to Conductive Audio while leaving my QM settings the same. I didn't have any problems with using conductive Audio and I didn't dig any iron even though I did have some nulling when I went over some. Found my first chain with E-Trac. It is silver and it was about 6" deep and read 18-26. Also found another gold ring. This one read 12-4 and was only a couple of inches deep. The Toe ring is junk metal and read 12-1. The Kennedy Half Dollar read 6-47. Some of the other numbers I don't remember like the really corroded penny and the 23 cartridge. The 22 cartridge read 12-4. I a going to have to start carrying a notepad and pen so I can make notes as to some of the odd reading targets or really deep target readings. There were a lot today as you can see based on the number of coins and other targets dug. Also I need to keep an eye on my machine as some settings seem to have changed by themselves and I don't know why. I have been hunting with for the most part default settings except for some changes to the Audio Variability and Range. I left the Gain alone. The default settings for DEEP and FAST is OFF and yesterday they were off. But somehow today they managed to turn themselves both on. I don't know if making a change somewhere else caused them to activate or if they jsut did it themselves. But the one thing I do know is that I didn't do it!!!! Since I wasn't noticing any ill effects from having them both on and since this is the way I hunted the beaches with the Explorer I left them on and everything seemed to work fine. The Chain, the Gold Ring, and the junk ring were all found while they were both on so I am not going to worry to much about it at this point. This weekend is just for getting familiar with the machine and it's functions and it's sounds. Next week will be the week for playing around with many different settings. I was finding so many targets this morning that I wasn't going to argue with success and do to much changing of settings. Plus ti was dark out for half of my hunt time this morning :) If you have any specific questions ask away and I will try and answer as best I can. I learned a lot but trying to think of everything and include it in a single Post is tough.

HH

Beachcomber

Beachcomber, can you tell me if the machine will false if salt water hits the coil or wet sand? Or is it stable like the excalibur? I had the explorer xs,II, and it would make a sound (low tone) like it was a light goldring and because of that I sold the machines.

Do you think this machine is deeper then the explorer?

It will if the sensitivity is too high but very little if it's set right. I was hunting in and out of the water all morning. The only time I noticed any falsing was for a few seconds when I would first come out of the water while the water drained out of the coil cover. There really aren't many detectors out there as stable as an Excalibur in the saltwater. When you do get falsing it is usually in the form of a null but sometimes is was a tone too and yes some of them were low tones like a ring but that happened so infrequently that it wasn't a problem. I do think it goes deeper than the Explorer but I am not sure how by much!!!! The problem you had with the Explorer could have been alleviated by hunting in Ferrous Audio Mode.

HH

Beachcomber