Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from a long break

HawaiiMDer

Finally i'm back from a long break with two new detectors that i purchased just today. White's Dual Field and a Minelab Excalibur 2 1000. It's been awhile since i got in the water. Been so busy with work and what not. Anyways just thought i'd share the pic with you guys!!!! Haven't been on here for two years now. HH everyone and good to see everyone again!!!!

Ken

LOL, well i've metal detected before, this will be my 3rd Excalibur and second White's water machine. i sold all the other geared awhile back to purchase a home, and just now got some money back to get new gear.

Ken

Yes the American Economy is back on track:cheekkiss:

Just got back home after detecting at a local beach of ours for about 4 hours. I took the Dual field because i haven't even put together the Excalibur yet, plus i already know how to use that one. i have to tell you, the floating coil deal wasn't as bad as i thought it would be after reading so much about it here. Takes a little getting use to, but nothing really bad. I tell you what though, i've been beach hunting for 15 years using primarily an Excalibur, but this Dual Field is deep as hell. I'm totally exhausted from all the digging. i was finding targets deeper than my excalibur would be able to pick up even if i ran it in PP mode. Only draw back for me was all the iron rock that i was also digging. In the spot where i detect, Hickam AFB, there is alot of iron rocks everywhere. I did notice however, those rocks give a washed out kind of response as opposed to a crisp response for good targets. Only left to do now is re-order my Stavr scoops and i'll be good to go. I'll try and post some picks later. Also met a nice fellow detectorist out there today, which is very strange where i go, first time in 15 years of detecting have i had to share the beach with anyone at the same time at that beach. I can tell it's going to take me sometime to get use to this detector, but so far it"s a winner!!!! Something you guys might find interesting, after talking with my friend that i met out there today, i find out that with his Dual Field bobby pins and pennies give him a double beep and one direction and a single beep in the other direction. Mine just gives me a single beep in both directions. Anyone experience this difference with other people that have the same detectors as you are using?

Thanks,

ken

welcome back,since you seem to be from hawaii maybe you can advise me.we are going to hawaii in june.i will be taking my cz-5. which beaches will it work best on,and in your opinion produce the best results for coins and jewelry? thanks for any help you can give.