Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from Australia

Eric Foster

Just back from Australia where I had a very pleasant and productive three weeks. In Victoria I met and worked with some professional prospectors at various sites in the bush and conducted tests on different size nuggets, and of course the highly iron mineralised ground. It is very important to get a thorough understanding of the electromagnetic response of this unique ground toward developing better methods of counteracting it.

The temperature plummeted the day after I arrived and was quite cold on some mornings till the sun burnt off the clouds. Hence the woollen jumper that I was wearing in a picture posted on another forum which evoked some comments from the keyboard jockeys. Also I was quite happy with the detector I was using (TDI), which after a couple of minor mods, worked fine on all the sites visited. I came home with three nuggets

Eric, glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the land of Oz. Hope you get back here soon. One quick question did you find your 3 nuggets with TDI after your minor mods.

geof_junk said:
Eric, glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the land of Oz. Hope you get back here soon. One quick question did you find your 3 nuggets with TDI after your minor mods.

Hi Geof,

Yes, the TDI's I used in the bush had the mods done. I had access to a workshop in the area to do this work, but the actual changes needed were predetermined by myself in the UK, from earlier OZ reports.

The nuggets found were when checking new signals obtained with another well know detector. The signals came in clear and as ones that you would stop to dig. I also found many 0.22 bullets and cases plus birdshot and airgun pellets. This gave confidence in the TDI that it would also find small nuggets if you passed over them.

Eric.

Hi Eric I,m keen to find out when the Australia mod-ed version will be available over here.The stand alone probe sounds very interesting also Those vineyards in South Australia are hard to pass up as is the coast line,

Cheers Ronnie

Hello Eric, please can you contact me regarding the Goldscan I sent you for repair a few years ago. I have lost your contact details. my email adress is d.benjamin7@ntlworld.com. Thank you

What mods did you perform on the TDI? I am an Electronic Technician and would be very interested in your tweeking of the TDI!
thanks
Rick