Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

back from the cruise

A

Anonymous

From the land of the Bluenose...I wish. Did take Marie out to sea today on the Halifax to Dartmouth ferry which is the longest continuous running saltwater ferry service in North America and began in 1752 just 3 years after the founding of Halifax. The 15 minute "cruise" is a great way to see the harbour and the downtown.
Of course Marie wanted to look in all the shops and I was glad that it was Sunday and they were closed. Heard through the grape vine that some old buildings were being torn down in the city core thus my reason for the ferry , walk and coffee pleased Marie and hid the real reason for the jaunt.
Was a tad disappointed that the info didn't pan out but on the way home observed a place of promise that I hadn't noticed before.
The ferry trip by the way is $2 each way as compared to a cruise that could run one..........well a lot of clad!
Highlight of the day was getting a good look at Theadore the Tugboat which is used for harbour tours!