Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from the trip

capt.

And really had fun. Got to visit with my some of my family and that alone is worth the trip for me. However since this is a metal detecting forum...

Got to spend Friday from about noon to 1730 or so hunting at the old homestead/post office/general store on old family property. I left at 7 am and visited with my aunt and uncle until 1145 then went detecting. The area has been hit pretty hard in the past by some other detectorists (friends of my uncles) much to my dismay, and the building has been moved from its original site 2 things I did not know. The levee is now on top of what ever was dropped at the original location. Bummer. But I think I did pretty good considering all the Iron around the torn down building site.

1st and 2nd picture is the pewter cap gun and badge. The last time my brother played with these he was about 5 years old. He will turn 48 in march. It is really neat to find something connected to my family. He remembers these as being part of a set with belt and holster, chaps and hat with a bandana. The badge still has the metal pin on back. I was really surprised by that. It say JUNIOR POLICE on it.

3rd and 4th pictures show 3 wheat cents 1936,37 and 50. One of them (don't remember which one) was in the same hole as the nail in picture 4. Double beep, low and high. Nail was 3 to 3 1/2 and the penny at 4 inches.

5th shows a 1937 Buffalo nickel. Another low/high tone. it was in the same hole as the bottom part of a light bulb. The nickel was 5 inches down and the bulb bottom was 8.

6th shows the remaining clad coins found at the site. nickel, dime, 2 copper(both 1969) and 2 zinc pennies. I started this hunt with the 5"DD coil which would seem to be the obvious choice due to lots of trash and old iron at this site. I found the dime, Jefferson nickel and 2 pennies (one copper, one zinc) with the small coil. I then put on what is right now my favorite coil, the big NELS 12x13 inch, and went over the exact same spots and found everything else. Lots of low tones to be sure...but that thing can really get to the targets despite its size for some reason.

Can't post anymore pictures so I am gonna have to make a part two. Thanks for looking and HH!

capt.

I love it, I would have never thought about hunting my old house site where I grew up at. Man learning is a daily thing. Love the finds Capt!

I see it is a 1937. Is it a four-legged buffalo, or might it be the '37 D and only show 3 legs? That would be nice.

Monte

nice finds

WTG there Capt that's some nice finds.