Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from the woods...

Scott Maine

First off I fixed the pole wobble...the grip screws were loose and actually the cam locks needed to be tightened a bit more than my Whites.
I will say that the Frequency shift feature is great. I hunted with afriend and his explorer and Channel F6 quieted it down so i could be within 6 feet or so. As a note...the low frequencies like f1 and F3 drove his Explorer nuts and the T2 just whent nust so it seems the lower channels will interfere heavily with an Explorer.
We had to hit the woods as the snow was still a bit deep in the fields. The T2 ran great.....I did dig an Old French jetton at 6"...nothing deep there...but boy it rang in loud...thought it was another shotshell.
Again this is an area with plenty of iron and the T2 stomped through it.
Again it was picking up small targets easily...gotta pay attention to them as digging 3-4" deep bits of scrap gets tiring.
Now i did get a nice set of relics that were down there. The soil here is mild...ground phase of 62 and no Fe reading. I first got a nice coin hit...at about 7" came up what looks like a Victorian broach. reswept the hole and got another coin hit. Cleaned the hole out with my hand but the dirt was clean so the target was still below the 7" hole. I dug out another few inches and was down about 9-10 inches. Checked the dirt pile I removed and found some sort of relic thin with sields on both side and what looks like two hat pins in the middle....not sure what it is. Anyway i rechecked the hole and got a very faint coin tone. Man.....cleaned the hole out with my hands to see if i had dropped part of this thing in the hole or if it was on teh side walls but it was not. The ground on the bottom of the hole was packed hard so it had to be below that. Stuck the coil in the hole and it targeted the object in the bottom of the hole still but seemed to be a few inches down.
Took another couple of inches out and out came the rest of whatever this thing was...it was actually a shield shapedobject made of copper that was the other side of this pin thing. It was down between 10 and 12 inches.
Now the tone on that target was weak and had it been any deeper it would not have been heard in Disc. i did check it in Allmetal before I cleaned the hole and it hit it very clear....so all metal is definately deeper...but it would not give a VDI in all metal...it did in Disc even at just a peep.
The shield thing is probably similar in size to a half dollar, so that gives a size and depth was between 10 and 12" for the last piece.
This part of the woods had deep deep loam and the clay layer was about 14"....I know cause I chased an ox shoe down to 14" that was right in the clay. It read coin one way and iron the other and was a weak signal. i figured it was an ox shoe as we dig a billion of em...but had to dig it to be sure. So I knew how deep clay was. I would guess this area had been turned over when it was still fields many years ago.
The broach and shield thing were all within 6 inches of each other but at very different depths. I usually see this when stuff was dumped from a house or an old house was demolished and the junk buried. Plus i was digging roof tin bits and other similar junk metal from colonial to mid 1800's home sites.
So it was a good day overall. Hope to do some side by side with my Nautilus and Baron but weather will dictate if that is this week or this April.
We will be going out tomorrow...not sure where...but will be longer than just a few hours....we had to let this warm air move in today before we hit it again.
Scott