Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back In The Gold Bug Family

Smudge

I just replaced my Gold Bug Pro that I let go far too early. Dumb move on my part.

A big thank you to Bart at Big Boys Hobbies for offering me such an excellent deal.

I want to take a lot more time with this detector and really get to learn it, especially in hunting micro jewelry.

But I know now I have to be more careful where I use it.

Too many of my hunt spots are loaded with low conductivity trash like foil and aluminum bits.

So while I'm learning this machine, I'm going to stick to areas where the digging is easy, like to tot lots and dirt parking areas.

Digging through Florida grass is a chore in itself, and I want to learn my signals better before I exhaust myself chasing junk in the grass.

I plan to keep my discrimination down around 30, and from what I am hearing, sometimes even jumpy numbers don't necessarily mean trash.

Now if I can just figure out a sure fire method to avoid those lousy bottlecaps....:blink:

Smudge said:
I just replaced my Gold Bug Pro that I let go far too early. Dumb move on my part.

A big thank you to Bart at Big Boys Hobbies for offering me such an excellent deal.

I want to take a lot more time with this detector and really get to learn it, especially in hunting micro jewelry.

But I know now I have to be more careful where I use it.

Too many of my hunt spots are loaded with low conductivity trash like foil and aluminum bits.

So while I'm learning this machine, I'm going to stick to areas where the digging is easy, like to tot lots and dirt parking areas.

Digging through Florida grass is a chore in itself, and I want to learn my signals better before I exhaust myself chasing junk in the grass.

I plan to keep my discrimination down around 30, and from what I am hearing, sometimes even jumpy numbers don't necessarily mean trash.

Now if I can just figure out a sure fire method to avoid those lousy bottlecaps....:blink:

Welcome back Smudge! The gold bug pro is KILLER in trash no doubt. Best I have used!

I just had a gold ring 14k ring in at 41 on the vdi in ground and hear i figured everything in the 40,s was foil ,