Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back in The Water

Rick W

It has been 2 years since I went digging, so this morning I went to one my old places. Found a lot of change, some junk, and a Tungsten Wedding band. I hate those things, even though it WAS a ring. Years ago, I found a lot of gold rings, but all of a sudden, the gold stopped and the Tungsten started. I enjoyed being back in water while wife read a book.

Attachments

• 20210621_123631.jpg
    20210621_123631.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 120
I hear you I found one gold band this winter at low tide I’ve since done better on land so far this year.
Maybe people are wising up not wearing as much gold when they swim??? You got some taco change there.
Mark

T-carbide just.isn't.fair.

I wonder if gold is going out of fashion-- at nearly $2k/oz and the chaos of the last year-- it's possible people are switching to cheaper metal. It makes a big difference in dentistry-- nobody wants gold anymore, because looks and cost.

Initial problem I find with T-C is one ring might sell for $50 and another for $1000, all depends on the manufacturer etc. I found one nice T-C a year ago and I’m unable to determine its value without taking it to a jeweler and paying their research fees. There are no hallmarks inside the band other than its T-C.

Couple years back I could sell a found tungsten ring for $15 to $20. Now, Ebay has a large selection of them brand new in the $10 to $30 range. I've had people look at some of my found ones, that I asked $5 for, and hand them back. Not even a counter offer. Haven't been able to get rid of one for a while.

Thanks for the replies. This is kind of a low income area, but it hasn't always been this way. On at least 2 occasions, I found 6 gold rings during a day of digging, but when it stopped, it just cut right off. Still fun to go, though.

Don't know when I will get to go out again. Usually takes a few days for the joint pains to ease.