Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back light setting affecting pinpoint tone quality

Schrecky

Pick a "canned" program like Coin & Jewelry with VCO on. Normally, my pinpoint VCO tone has a nice even ramp up and ramp down in tone as the coil passes over the target. If I set my Back Light setting to 1 or 2 or 3 the VCO tone takes on a individual flute type notes instead of the smooth ramp up (very annoying). Using Back Light settings of 0 or anything above 3, the VCO sounds fine. I've been trying to figure this pinpoint tone problem for months but never gave it a thought that it could be related to the Back Light setting. Could a few of you try this and see if you get the same results?

Battery was fully charged.

Thanks

Hey Schrecky,
I dont have that problem on my V3 but just started having that same problem on my DFX.
I talked to Whites and they said it could be a shielding issue or something in the board.
May have to send it for repair.