Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back of remote peeling off

Kapok

Like a lot of other people, I have issues with my D2 remote falling off. Lately it's been hard to get it to snap on correctly. I looked at the back and the plastic covering has been peeling off. The part number sticker is also bubbling up. Any ideas about what I should do here? (I know the detector is dirty since I've been hunting a very dusty area, but it's not been knocked around or beat up.)

2022-08-15_10-10-37.png

I've had problems sometimes getting mine to snap back on!?
Mark

Is it from rubbing on shaft mount while trying to get it locked on? If not looks like warranty issue

That looks to me like good old wear and tear.

Do you pull your remote and replace it often while detecting???

Do you wear gloves while detecting??

I quit touching my machine after retrieving a target with a pair of gloves on.

I do not make adjustments wearing gloves due to a scratching up my machine.

I think if there was a wobble with the controller mount, all that dust acted like sandpaper. Still, I would expect it to hold up better than that. Hopefully XP would agree.

That looks to me like good old wear and tear.

Do you pull your remote and replace it often while detecting???

Do you wear gloves while detecting??

I quit touching my machine after retrieving a target with a pair of gloves on.

I do not make adjustments wearing gloves due to a scratching up my machine.
Don’t touch my detector with gloves on? How else do you make adjustments? And no, I don’t take the remote off at all, but I sure do replace it a lot when it falls off.

I think if there was a wobble with the controller mount, all that dust acted like sandpaper. Still, I would expect it to hold up better than that. Hopefully XP would agree.
I guess I’ll try sending them a photo and see what they say. I would also expect it to hold up better. The dust is just from the last hunt, not an extended use in dust.

Don’t touch my detector with gloves on? How else do you make adjustments? And no, I don’t take the remote off at all, but I sure do replace it a lot when it falls off.
Dirt sticks to gloves. That's what I meant by not making adjustments with gloves on.

With that being said....I would think debris would stock to the underside where it clips on and the abrasion would wear it away

To me it looks like the covering started breaking or cracking off at the bottom and kept progressing to where it is now.. it looks like it is not flush at the bottom and could snag when installing the control box on the mount.
I do not think this was caused by debris.

That looks like the plastic has cracked / broker pretty severely!
When I first got mine I found it really difficult to get it to snap into place. But either because I’ve become more adept or it’s just worn in it seems to lock in much better now and stays on better as well.
I bought a protective cover for my rc off some eBay vendor and it works great.
My gloved hands are almost always muddy.

For the record, I do have protective film covering the display and have submitted the photo to XP.

My serial number sticker came completely off

Here's what XP wrote back:
"It will be safe to remove the sticker and see if the control box locates better, the sticker is only to cover up the visibility of the battery.
It is not necessary to have, however If you need another sticker our XP service centre may have them in stock."

I'm not sure if by "sticker" they mean the entire adhesive piece on the back or just the part number sticker. I have ordered a Detecting DooDads thingy, so we'll see if my remote connects more solidly to that.

Wow I have the xp1 remote, never had anything like this.
I had a Deus 1 that was 8 years old and never had any issues with it at all. I think the Deus 2 was rushed to market and there are a lot of things they were forced to overlook to get it out there.

I got the doodads locking shoe. Amazing. Locks solid as a rock. XP should buy the IP on this and sell them.

I disagree. As much as people have complained (and I agree) about this issue, IMO it is a design flaw and XP
should replace/repair as necessary.( Not holding my breath).
I think we're saying the same thing. It is a design flaw for sure. XP should pay Doodads for their design, then implement it into the D2 and send free replacements to those who have breakage. And yes, mine did break a week or so ago, and I bought the Doodads shoe. Now I'm not worrying about it coming off while I'm going through brush, etc.