Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back on the river for more silver seated barbers SLQ.

Cool. I bet the Hoover Boys would help you detect your water site. :giggle:
It has been very hot and humid around here lately.
Dave
same here hot dry though we had over a inch of rain yesterday I bet Kurt would I'm not that much into old coppers that are worn to nothing I'm looking for silver and gold lol!

Well I had to go back and it was dead low tide at about 8am I got there at 7.
I started down from the spot we hit on Thursday and I had three barber dimes in minutes!
As I was walking along I saw a coin on the surface a 1919 SLQ! No digging that one as I walked the waters edge I had a high tone that was masked bad by iron sure enough a brown nasty quarter size coin to my surprise it’s a 1876 seated quarter!
Got a 1935 mercury also deep in the sand and a super worn V nickel barber dimes dates are 1893. 1908 1909 I think
I can’t wait to go back never know what’s going to turn up still hopefully gold !
If you have a old river or swimming area by you try detecting it you may be surprised!
Equinox
Beach 2
No discrimination
Sensitivity 25
Iron 0
HH
Mark
The one photo with all the coins lined up is the two hunts about 5 hours total time
Howdy Mark--
Congratulations on those finds! That's good advice to detect near streams, rivers etc. I learned that in the early 1980's. I was captain of a team in an Eight Ball pool league in western NY (We took 1st place in 2 consecutive years). After a match, the boys would indulge in adult beverages and play a few games. It was not unusual for $$$ to change hands. One of our opponents worked at the Chevy Plant near the Niagara River and on his lunch break, he would go down to the river and detect with his Fisher 1260X. He showed me baggies full of Barber Dimes, Barber Quarters, and Barber Halves that he had dug there. With my love of numismatics, I incorporated coin shooting in my detecting strategy (formerly exclusivly a cache hunter). Now, living in west Texas, I have hunted an old Texas Trail, along the Pecos River and have dug my share of military relics and coins. Unfortunately, due to health reasons, my detecting days are nearly over. Keep digging those goodies! I can experience the thrill and excitement of your finds. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Howdy Mark--
Congratulations on those finds! That's good advice to detect near streams, rivers etc. I learned that in the early 1980's. I was captain of a team in an Eight Ball pool league in western NY (We took 1st place in 2 consecutive years). After a match, the boys would indulge in adult beverages and play a few games. It was not unusual for $$$ to change hands. One of our opponents worked at the Chevy Plant near the Niagara River and on his lunch break, he would go down to the river and detect with his Fisher 1260X. He showed me baggies full of Barber Dimes, Barber Quarters, and Barber Halves that he had dug there. With my love of numismatics, I incorporated coin shooting in my detecting strategy (formerly exclusivly a cache hunter). Now, living in west Texas, I have hunted an old Texas Trail, along the Pecos River and have dug my share of military relics and coins. Unfortunately, due to health reasons, my detecting days are nearly over. Keep digging those goodies! I can experience the thrill and excitement of your finds. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
Hi squirrel
Thanks and glad to see your back on yes it’s rare these days to find basically virgin grounds like this spot I can’t wait to go back again and see what turns up I’m thinking there has to be some hood here all but 3 coins were found below the high tide line a few were surface finds!
Mark

Found this in my trunk it fell out of my finds pouch 1891O lol

Attachments

• D9C8D3B1-341A-47C2-962C-ADE455A3AB35.jpeg
    D9C8D3B1-341A-47C2-962C-ADE455A3AB35.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62