Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back Searching For That Elusive Boy Scout Camp.

John-Edmonton

Staff member
oct23a.jpg

Off work again today. Hit a different part of the woods today where I might find some traces of Boy Scout finds. There were more signals. I detected deep tinfoil, a good indicator of previous camp sites, where they used to bury their trash instead of hauling it out. There were a lot of 22 bullets & shells, but I just left them. I was searching for more stable high tones. I did again find a small coin spill, with 3 coins. Unfortunately, the dimes were not old enough to be silver. I think the oldest thing I found was an old deer or moose skull. Oh well, it's all part of the adventure.

I am going to go out again next week with a buddy of mine, and maybe we will find the old Boy Scout camp.

Sounds to me like you’re close. BSA had a Marksmanship badge and a lot of 22 was expended in safety classes and range shoots. Find the fire rings and your on top of it!

Sounds to me like you’re close. BSA had a Marksmanship badge and a lot of 22 was expended in safety classes and range shoots. Find the fire rings and your on top of it!
That's a good point. I never thought of Boy Scouts being involved with shooting. I will keep searching.......gonna go again on Friday.