Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to School Again

IBdiggin

Hit this site real hard for the last two weeks since school will be starting before too long. With this heat this hunt may end sooner than later. It's been a good run here and one of my most satisfying sites ever. Once I located the old building location and ball diamond it all seemed to fall into place. A Rosie, a Merc, and a silver pendent were the high points for silver. Even a couple nicer junk rings were exciting for a moment or two. Very few zincolns since just lower grades are taught there now. A couple clad and Canadian quarters in the mix kept things interesting. A sodded over area with an old gravel lot underneath is where I found some old square nails and horseshoe nails. Little portholes in time where you can stop and imagine model A or model T fords, maybe an old buckboard and a horse tied to a hitching rail or a-------------------------------------------------------OOps, sorry, I guess I got carried away daydreaming again but you get the picture. Point is this site is very old.
This site gave up some finds other than monitory that I thought were cool and I feel lucky to have been able to retrieve them.
The TreVere makeup compacts were manufactured by a Connecticut company for The W.T. Rawleigh company in Freeport, IL. Rawleigh at that time added a perfume and cosmetic product to his already successful farm and home remedy business which he started in his mothers kitchen in the late 1800's in Mineral Point, Wi. I got the hinge working--Good ole 3 in1 oil.
Then the little brass bell which may or may not have had a wood handle, devoured by time. I seem to remember something like this from my country school days. The striker was also gone.
Then my favorite, the Saint Christopher Be My Guide wings from the WW2 era. These are brass also. The pins on the back were to clip on a sun visor in your vehicle but were gone. Thanks for checking out finds. HH to all----------------IB

lol....I like your daydreaming. I too often try to imagine how an area was once used. When I was younger, I liked to go to the "Pick your own" auto salvage yards and sit in the cars and try to imagine all the fun that may have been had in them. Like family trips and drive-in theatres! I could almost hear the laughter from kids that were once buckled in the backseat. I could really let my imagination flow hahaha

As for your finds, that is quite the assortment of brass! A friend of mine has a newer version of that guardian angel on her visor! I wonder what the bell was used for. Perhaps off a teachers desk, or to signal that recess was over? Oh the history, its a mystery!!

Congrats! You seem to have a nice little honey hole to hunt!

diggindad