Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to School

IBdiggin

My little old country school location is turning out to be a blast. Grades 1 through 6 ordinarily would not hold my attention very long but the tot lot is not on my list of hunting
spots at this location. It is what's not there that has my attention every time out.

With no rain for several weeks the digging is tough. I may have located the old building site and have a good idea how the playground was situated. Nail line patterns in areas typical to building sizes of that time is what I'm focusing on. Everywhere other than this old building site seems to be very clean which is a good thing since it is so dry I need to run nearly wide open with the F70 and the At Pro. Even at 8 and 9 inches the ground is like powder. Very little moisture. Modern and older nails are there but the new school was built in 1958 so I'm on the right track.

I found silver 2 days in a row and also a few wheat pennies when I began gridding the old baseball and soccer fields. No modern clad. The newest dime today was 1966. Yesterday I had a one way quarter hit at 9 inches. Boy talk about whispers from the deep. Never would have heard that one without earphones. Puzzled me a little though cause it had a little iron grunt mixed in. Had the whole darn drop cloth full by the time I got to that coin. I was very excited to see what come out of this hole and how noticeable it was going to be when I got it filled. I had yet to dig my first barber but I never heard of a Merc quarter so I new I was in for something different. So out come the coin and I'm picking the dirt off and I see the front, someone facing left, what the heck, flipped it over and there was a big deer with antlers on the back Looked to the front again and ------oh ---no----it's the Queen----------Its Canadian:ranting: 1974.

Ya gotta love this hobby.-----------------HH----------IB PS that pendent is sterling in near perfect condition found at 5"

Good finds and hunting. Sounds like a good spot. Need rain bad here, too. Good luck! HH jim tn

That spot definitely has high potential, keep on looking and keep us posted on your finds. Silver two days in a row, there has to be more in there. Nice finds.

n/t

That is some good detecting IB. Keep it up .:clapping:...Z