Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to that Home Site - A.Weinman Coins!

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--

Being the fateful 18th of April, I had to pay a visit to my CPA. Well, his office is only about a mile from that abandoned house that we hunted last week. I figured that I would load up the V3i and get Kenneth and see if we could squeeze a few more coins out of that front yard. Darn it I did not load up a lawn mower so we had to swing the coil in open spaces. My first signal gave me a 1961-D Roosevelt. Good way to start! Then I dug some memorials and a total of 4 wheat cents - all dated in the 1940's. A man from across the street came over and talked to me about detecting and said that about 30 years ago his father lost a large gold ring in his front yard. I told him I'd be happy to look for it for him. I searched his yard for about an hour with no luck - a few clad dimes and PLENTY of pull tabs and Budwiser bottle caps. I told him that the next time that I'm in the neighborhood that I'll give it another try. It was 90 degrees in the shade and there was no shade so I went back to the truck and drank some ice cold gater aide and rested. for a few minets. About 10 feet from the truck I kicked down some weeds and got a crisp 89-90 reading that pinpointed with 2.5 kHz dominant and dug down about a half inch and was rewarded with one of my favorite coins designed by Adolph A. Weinman - a 1942-D Walking Liberty Half. I dug some more clad and memorials and my last signal of the day gave me another Adolph A. Weinman coin - a 1944 Winged Liberty dime. It VDI'd at a solid 79 at 7 inches with 2.5 kHz dominant. It sure is fun to be the first person with a detector at a good site! I hope that you all have the same experience! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Jimmy. Yes, it was a fun hunt! Be patient on digging a Walking Liberty Half - you WILL get one! I hunted for 5 years before I dug my first one in 1990. Since then I've dug quite a few of them. My oldest one is a 1917-S but my oldest Half is an 1867-S Seated Liberty. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel