Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the 3 hr hunt site #3

BillF

Went back again. Put the Digger back on the 705. About an hour or so. Keep going around the same areas as before. This time pulled 8Q, 7D, 5N , 1$, idk how many pennies. Talked to the lady that lived here for years before she sold to the state. She told me that there were 3 houses between her place and the main road, had never seen anyone ever detect at any of them. The weeds are horribly high in these lots but since it was getting dark I figured I would wander over to the first one(30 ft away), found several coins but it was just too dark to see. I knew one was silver. Got home and piled my coins up. Huh, '23 merc! And what do you know, a 1902 IH. Me thinks these lots might just be worth searching.

Sure does keep surprizing me! Wish more of it was older but that's why I love doing this, you never know.

So far I think I've pulled 6 mercs and a Rosie out of here. Plus a nice sterling ring. The IH is the only one and oddly no silver quarters, war nickels or buffalos. The houses that were next door apparently burned years ago so I can't look up any ages on the tax rolls but I'm hoping that they were turn of the century and there might be some goodies hidden there.

I'm betting that there still lies a bigger surprise at that site for you Bill. You're finding all the key elements, just not a big prize....yet.
Stay on it as long as you can, and congrats on the great finds! :thumbup: