Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

back to the bean field....

bootyhoundpa

[attachment 278580 IMG_1158100x75100x75.jpg]finally able to get back into the field that treated me so well back in spring... managed a few nice keepers... 2-large cents ,1 merc, 2-indian heads, 5-flat buttons, 1- bust dime and a jingle bell... [attachment 278580 IMG_1158100x75100x75.jpg][attachment 278581 IMG_1159800x600.jpg][attachment 278582 IMG_1161800x600.jpg][attachment 278583 IMG_1163800x600.jpg][attachment 278584 IMG_1166800x600.jpg][attachment 278585 IMG_1167800x600.jpg]

Great finds, Boot'! Any idea what the "4" would mean on the bell? One thing for sure, I would be pounding that field!!

Sweet finds! Those bean fields are treating you with great kindness.

thanks roland and elp... the 4 I believe is a size as I have another bell with a 3 on it which is slightly smaller... and I have been pounding this field for years but it wasn't until last spring that I figured out that band 2 setting on the sov gt is a whole lot better than band 1 for working this somewhat trashy area of the field...

Very Nice finds. I have never seen or heard of anyone finding a Crotal Bell in the South. I have a Friend in Ohio and they find them quite frequently. Maybe they were only used when the horses were pulling a sleigh.

Super finds Boot' !
What date is that Matron Head ??? 1820 ? 1821 ? 1827 ? 1829 ?
She looks in decent shape besides a few nicks and scrapes.
And the other copper ??? Is that some New England issue ????
Thanks for posting !

Aw man! Field of dreams! Congrats on great coins, the coppers are in great shape. :clapping:

thanks guys... the matron head appears to be 1820 but some time in the last 193 years it took hit right on the zero...this is probably the best condition copper ive ever dug... the other appears to be a George II but there is very little detail left on the front and even less on the rear.except for the two half round images at the very bottom of coin..