Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the Campsite....another wedding band and Indians!!

Ex-Sox

Went back out for a couple of hours to the campsite shared by both sides. Found an 1864 Indian head and a really thick Indian with no date readable. Also found another brass wedding band, this one is a little thicker than the last one. Other finds include a flat button, thimble, arrowhead, brass toetap and a musket percussion cap. This is the first really thick Indian head I have found, any clue on the date that it could be would be very helpful. Thanks for looking!

Good stuff, love that 1864 Indian, and it appears to be in pretty good shape.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know that is a brass wedding band? Does it have inscribing or are there other ways to tell? The reason I ask is I have found several similar looking bands, but always thought they were of some kind of industrial usage.

Brass and other metals have been documented being used as wedding bands and I figure if these were just some type of cut offs then they would not have the worn "finished" edges as rings do and would have some sort of evidence of being machined, kind of a ragged edge. FInding them with other camp relics at campsites makes me think they are rings also but of course, I could be wrong and there are no inscriptions on them. Thanks for looking.

Nice finds and I do believe you are right on calling it a brass wedding band. I notice on the relic forums that they show up as such on occasion. Love the IH, too. Nice hunt. HH jim tn

I have found several brass rings ,some still had remnants of gold plate .Even thought of keeping the soil from around the ring and panning it out to help with cabin fever. The gold plate flakes off after being in the ground but it's still there.

n/t