Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the cold and wind and holy moly this was fun!

Yes they did…goodbye Earl 😂😂😂
Not to diss Earl, I stopped and talked to him one day. Nice enough guy…… but when it comes to the friendly competition the Dixie Chicks had a song about Earl, lol

Not to diss Earl, I stopped and talked to him one day. Nice enough guy…… but when it comes to the friendly competition the Dixie Chicks had a song about Earl, lol

Jeff is accurate. We were co-hunting the apartment complex and I hit a solid quarter signal just a couple inches from one of his plugs. I called him over and the shocked look came over his face, “put that damn thing back in there!” There was a vertical steel nail in the ground at the same level about 2-3” distant. Jeff pushed that 800 from just about every portion of a 360 degree arc one could do, absolute 0 detection.
Curious, did he try any single frequencies?

I do not know his style or preferences, plus I dont speak Minelab sooooo.

Went back today with jkline, found more wheats, a Buff nickel (cant read date) and an old aluminum “Crystal White” laundry token circa 1915-1930. Interesting thing was we found only a couple clad coins.

@ matt-- all frequencies and all modes: park to gold. Fifth time, where a silver is just invisible to the nox but isgetting hit by a different machine.

It's confidence busting.

Yes it finds stuff and is a nice all-around detector; however, I can't get out of my mind with each square foot of soil swept, wondering if I missed something.

Possibly it is my unit-- never got around to checking with a different nox.

@ matt-- all frequencies and all modes: park to gold. Fifth time, where a silver is just invisible to the nox but isgetting hit by a different machine.

It's confidence busting.

Yes it finds stuff and is a nice all-around detector; however, I can't get out of my mind with each square foot of soil swept, wondering if I missed something.

Possibly it is my unit-- never got around to checking with a different nox.
Jkline,are you using the wireless headphones that come with the equinox ?
If so, ditch em’ and try a decent wired set of headphones. You may be very well experiencing interference with the wireless headphones. I was speaking with Fwcrawford about this issue you are having. Also, an electronics engineer mentioned with wireless headphones interference can and will take place and we won’t even know it’s happening. Worth a shot.

Very nice hunt Ronstar! I've had very good luck hunting yards using a small coil either 4X6, 5.3 or 6X10 on my V3i. Usually there is an ample amount of trash and the smaller coil will get the goods that others may have missed. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel