Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

back to the Dave machines

detectingMO

I left my Omega/G2 combo about 2 years ago and after trying every detector out there I've come back. There are other that do some things better for sure. But the value of the pair and for me the feel or "click" I have with them could never be matched.

Thanks, Dave.

Although I developed the basic platforms for those machines, it was Jorge Anton Saad who turned them into actual products. He, and more recently Yi Yang, have been responsible for most of our new metal detector models over the last several years. Myself and some of the other guys have meanwhile been busy on "other stuff".

The Omega and GB/G2 happen to be two of my favorite machines as well. Simple, straightforward, predictable, lightweight, not a bunch of gimmicks, they do the basics exceptionally well. In air test they may not be depth monsters, but dirt is a great equalizer and on buried targets they hold their own with far costlier machines. Especially the G2 where smaller targets are concerned. In field testing new platforms under development, I almost always take along an Omega and a G2 as "reality checks".

I am surprised there's not much more action on this forum.
The GBP is now my favorite target ID machine with the 5" coil, the 5x10" coil is nice as well.
Let my wife use it last weekend with the 5" coil. She loves it. Maybe forced to get another.

:biggrin: always have one in my cupboard well F19 now as I upgraded same thing but with a light which made me very happy and a few other things , most under rated machine out there :sleepy:

yep that little 5" coil has snipped me 1000 of $ :bouncy: I am sure it wasn't designed to wack AU 1 & 2 $ coins in the modern trash but you sure could have fooled me :poke:

glad no one comes around to look in here and well fool them hey :lmfao:

AJ

Sven,

I have a G2...pretty much the same as the GBP.
What is your view on the machine over all....do you find it works well finding silver coins along with gold and jewelry?
I keep hearing it falls short on high conductor coins....whats your take?

Cheers Bob.

[
quote=Sven]
I am surprised there's not much more action on this forum.
The GBP is now my favorite target ID machine with the 5" coil, the 5x10" coil is nice as well.
Let my wife use it last weekend with the 5" coil. She loves it. Maybe forced to get another.[/quote]

man I wish $1 and $2 coins were prominent around here. We have some $1 but not widely used. It would be worth hunting modern coins if they were. Quarters and dime cherry picking will do ok though.

LOL yeah we maybe a bit backwards here, but our mint has some pride in making nice coins they hit in the zinc penny range so pretty easy to find screw caps the only obstacle mostly, funny I found a US 1 $ coin here not so long ago has no face value on it ??

I will add once I have got them they are gone so where I am at at the moment i was going to say 80% gone but more like 90 so the fun doesn't last forever but the GBP F19 will find them in the trash great machine if I go for a drive its the 1st in the car :biggrin:

1/4's add up too and well now I dig for gold my coin finds are 5, 10 20 and 50 cent coins not many of those nice ones left but might find a patch here or there :biggrin:

but what ever we are hunting this platform is sure a nice machine :biggrin:

AJ

Whimpster said:
Sven,

I have a G2...pretty much the same as the GBP.
What is your view on the machine over all....do you find it works well finding silver coins along with gold and jewelry?
I keep hearing it falls short on high conductor coins....whats your take?

Cheers Bob.

[
It loves Canadian clad coins, especially the $1 and $2 in disc mode using the 5" coil. It really sniffs them out where targets are close.
I haven't found any gold with it yet, found silver jewelry. But, yes probably falls short on deep silver coins from my air tests. I'm not in an area that's infested with silver coins
to even find. But, should find them down to about the 6-7" average with the larger coil. For me it works as a clad magnet, have no doubts it will find the gold if I walk over it.
Think the GBP and the G2 have sort of fallen to the wayside with all the new machines that recently came out with a whole lot more bells and whistles for the same amount of money.
Overall its a really nice machine, easy and fast to set-up, pleasant audio, respectable performance.

I thought I remember reading you didn't metal detect Dave.j
You finally start playing with them instead of design them?