Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the Fair Oaks/ Seven Pines site today.

HanoverDigger

Here's my take from today's short hunt. 2 bullets came out the same hole, next one was within a foot. Wandered off for a bit, but came back and found the "Eveready" piece and dug another bullet. Digging buddy found 5 bullets at the base of a tree. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_20210426_205909475.jpg
    IMG_20210426_205909475.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Nice finds. Keep up the good work.
Thanks. We'll be going back when the weather gets cooler. Had about 4 hrs total time( 2 hunts)in this spot so far. 12 bullets and a few other things between us. Has to be more!!

Absolutely! I chuckle when guys say "its been hunted hard for thirty years". 12 bullets so far and we have barely scratched the surface here. Maybe a spot no one hit too hard? Could be, but what the heck. I've hunted in spots for over 30 years and still find bullets and such after all this time. We ain't gonna get it all, and I'll take all I can find!

You ever need some company, let me know I'm in Mechanicsville.

You ever need some company, let me know I'm in Mechanicsville.
Absolutely! I don't mind sharing even if it's not reciprocated. I'll let you know when we go back. Probably sometime after summer. Hope to revisit spots I haven't been to in years.

Hanover Digger, we have the same outlook on Relic hunting. I have been hunting the same area for about 40 years, and while we don't find a boatload of stuff today, we still find relics. It's amazing that we are able to find anything as hard as this area has been hit over the years by many hunters using most any kind of detectors known to man. As we have all said at one time or another, "there is No such of a thing as "Hunted Out". We are holding out breath however as large tracts of this area have been cleared by most all of the trees. It's a shame too for some of the larger old hardwood trees were most likely small trees during the war and more witness to the battle that occurred here. These were some beautiful woods, we're hoping and praying that they are not about to develop this with apartments. It would kill me if this were the case.

Brnn53...I've got a relative who was killed at Malvern Hill... can't remember where he's buried and a GG grandfather who survived the war... he's buried at Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond. Where are you at? I can talk to my buddy to see if you can tag along next time we go.

Brnn53...I've got a relative who was killed at Malvern Hill... can't remember where he's buried and a GG grandfather who survived the war... he's buried at Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond. Where are you at? I can talk to my buddy to see if you can tag along next time we go.
HanoverDigger...thanks for the reply. I am in NC about 2 hours from Richmond. Have dug some around Dinwiddie but never Richmond area. That would be cool to hook up with you guys. Been to Hollywood Cemetery many times. Love wandering around there.
Thanks,
Mike

HanoverDigger...thanks for the reply. I am in NC about 2 hours from Richmond. Have dug some around Dinwiddie but never Richmond area. That would be cool to hook up with you guys. Been to Hollywood Cemetery many times. Love wandering around there.
Thanks,
Mike
I've been to Dinwiddie a few time and would love to go back. I knew a guy who dug 2 complete Confederate CS 2 piece tongue and wreath buckles in the same day, down there.