Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the Hot Spot Yankee Camp

ironman200081

Last weekend, I returned with my digging partner to the early war Yankee camp where I had found the early militia belt plate a few weeks prior. There was a good 2-3 inches of snow on the ground, but we figured the soil would not be frozen in the woods. Luckily, we were right. Despite the slushy and muddy mess, we managed to have a great hunt. Thank goodness for mud boots and warm gloves.

I found several bullets (mostly .54 minies) and three buttons – a GS cuff, GS coat, and an artillery coat. I also dug a bit boss, but it was a plain militia variety and not a US. My “find of the day” was a beautiful carbine sling buckle. My friend found a cavalry spur, an artillery coat button, and several bullets including an Enfield. We both had to give our CTX’s a bath following this hunt.

IMG_20200217_160148886.jpg

Y'all are on a hot spot there. Congrat's to you and your Buddy on some great saves CW History. I really like the brass Carbine sling buckle, the big boss, and all that lead. All great finds.

Here's what ironman200081 let me dig. I thought the ironman moniker meant he digs iron..........Nope......he is a WWE wrestler when it comes to diggin relics. He puts you in a sleeper hold and by the time you come to he pretty much has dug most of the finds.

The only thing missing is the "A" button. It was soaking. Part of a pewter spoon handle, unknown brass, spur, suspender clip,melted 3 ringer, bullets, my second ever Enfield.
20200217_193311.jpg

That's the only time you don't mind ljtter, when the Yanks are dropping and littering the ground with relics. Very nice finds and saves on the spur and the other finds. Nice Saved History.

He puts you in a sleeper hold and by the time you come to he pretty much has dug most of the finds.

It's best to hit the ground when I take my mid-hunt nap and jerky feast break. That knocks me out of action for a solid 30 minutes. Or when I am elbows-deep in a hole digging up a beer can for several minutes!!