Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

back to the little patch

johno

well i went back to my little patch of ground where i found the 3 silver halves silver dimes and 50 or so wheaties. i gave it a break for awhile because of the dry weather.. i was watching earthmansurfer ,s video,s on coins in iron and it made me want to go back and pay close attention to what the machine was telling me. i picked an area 10 x 10 and picked at it for an hour or so watching the bouncing vd,s and listening to iron.. i slowly picked out the targets that showed coin vdi,s now and then and slowly zeroed in on them using the pinpoint. i was amazed . i picked up another 6 wheaties from44 t0 55 a 1920 merc. and a 46 rosie. i had been over the area before but because of all the iron and bouncing vd,s didnt pay that much attention then. i guess i was to busy cherry pickin.. anyway thanks to earthmansurfer i feel ive unlocked 1 more of the secrets of the v3i orrr i was just lucky. either way it was his video that fired me up to got check the area out again. I THANK YOU. now i cant wait to get back again... its a very populated area so i have to pick my times to go.. sorta like catchin fish. if you gotta good spot you dont want a crowd...HH

my setting were, ds 92, am 65, rx 10 loctrac and some offsets for emi that was over head with 10 dd, most finds were 6 -7 inches... ground -93

Wow - Thanks Johno. That was my biggest intention with the videos, inspiring others to get better. And since you are not in Germany it's not affecting my finds :crylol:

Here is another thing to try. I had been running the Base Threshold under intensity at 65 for a while but started running it at 90 to clean the screen up a bit. Anyway, I heard that it was in one of the stock programs at 65 to help ID bottle caps and I sort of forgot that it might pull coins from trash better. Well, a user "shadow" from another forum contacted me after reading through the V3i posts book and told me that he went through an area that he had mostly hunted out (been through it 20 times) with BT at 90. This time he had BT at 65 and guess what? He started pulling coins (6 wheats) next to trash at like 5"! (In a small 10X10 area that he had pulled 40 wheats from). So, he in turn has inspired me to go back to BT@65 and see if I can pull more targets at spots I have already hunted hard.

My recommendation for testing would be to set BT at 65 and get a signal in iron/trash that you think may be a coin and then change to 90 and see if it's still there, then dig. I'm going to do this and get it on video if I can. I will also compare running intensity (which is what the preceding is) with Consistency. Should be interesting.

edit - Hey wait, maybe you are shadow!

Great learning,
EMS