Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the "New" Old Lot...

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--

I made a return trip to that new old lot and dug a few more keepers. I used the 4X6 coil this time. That has to be one of my favorite coils for vacant lots/old home sites. I dug a lot of trash and removed large surface junk - cans, pull-tabs, screw caps etc. So often good finds are beneath that surface trash. I got the back of an old pocket watch that is marked U.S. (sure would have been nice to find the whole watch), a couple pieces of silver, some wheat-cents, part of an old coin bracelet, fork, a 1940 28 Millionth Ford Token an old buckle and of course a marble. No signal on THIS marble - I eyeballed it hahahhah. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Blind Squirrel I put on my 4X6 today to try it. I have had it a few months and never tried it. Do you think it separates better that the SEF 8X6?

Daddyflea, I've never used an SEF 8X6 but my guess would be yes. The 4X6 has a smaller "footprint" so I would believe that it would get better target separation. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I used the 8x6 yesturday and stopped at a old school that was pounded many times over. Found 3 copper memorials in 10 minutes. It found them among the garbage. It does quite well. I also have the 4x6. Found my first Buff nickel with the 10x12 sef yesturday at another school site. I like the SEF coils.

Howdy nalc472--

For me, the whole idea of detecting is to have fun. Part of that fun is to try to figure out the best settings and coil combinations for a given sight. The 4X6 coil is just one of the tools in my toolbox. At some sites it's just what the Dr. ordered. Because of it's small footprint and excellent target separation it can have better effective depth than the 6X10. Often with a larger coil, a good target is masked by trash. The 4X6 can get it. If you have good detecting sites and haven't hunted them with your 4X6, you are probably leaving some goodies for others. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I am going back out today to a hunted area at a old school. Will try my 4x6 after I run my 8x6 sef. I own a 6x10, 5.3, 10 DD, 10x12 sef also.

Good luck nalc472. I hope that you dig something REALLY good! You have an excellent selection of coils. Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Just took off my 4X6 just don't like it as much as the 8X6 SEF

Thanks Jimmy! Even a Blind Squirrel gets an acorn every now and then! hahahah Best of luck and heal fast my friend!

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Dirtyray. The 4X6 is a good coil for sure - especially if you know how and when to use it! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel