Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the old house..

JoeinMemphis

I went back and concentrated on the pond area today. Three coins.. A 1944P war nickel (3rd nickel and 2nd war nickel from this little pond) and three pennies, 1953D, 1961D, 1963D. All spectacularly cruddy. The war nickel cleaned up nice though. I am convinced this whole site has been pounded to death, and I am finding what I am finding because the pond was previously un-huntable due to either being full of water, or being grown over. Now it has very little water due to the lack of rain for the last couple of months here. In the last 2 trips I have found 3 nickels and 4 pennies, in the previous 2 YEARS of hunting the other 40 ACRES I have found only 2 older pennies, and 3 other coins lost by the current owner determined by their dates. The dates bring up a lot of questions though.. The pond was supposedly dug in the 1880's by mule drawn carts etc, so why am I finding so many nickels, all in the 1940's? 1943, 1944, 1946. Why nothing older? Why no pennies older than 1953? And WHY NO SILVER??? I realise the war nickels have a content of silver in them, but I mean "proper" silver? I used the pro coil, and the 18X15 SEF, if it was there I should have found it gridding if it was within reach.
HH
Joe

JoeinMemphis said:
Why nothing older? Why no pennies older than 1953? And WHY NO SILVER???

Mules didn't carry many coins? (no pockets).

(sorry, couldn't resist :bouncy:). Maybe the next hunt will pop the silver!

Congratulations on the finds. Based on the picture of the pond, it looks to be fairly shallow, as if it has slowly filled in over time. I'd guess there is more there, but buried a bit deeper. Keep at it--you're bound to find more. Thanks for posting.

WTG on the nice finds.