Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the old trashy park:detecting:

Bill Ladd

I love hitting this place after work whenever I have that "itch" to swing, & it was a beautiful day here. I like Colonial stuff best, but most of those places are a hike into the woods. I had the T2 in the trunk & I was wishing I had a small DD coil, but the stock coil was fine. I know I say this over & over, but I love the 40 points of iron range on the T2 even with the stock coil. With disc 21 & 2+, nobody in this area can touch me in trash.....I feel bad for any hunting buddies who join me here as I'm pulling 4 coins to their 0 & they start looking like this :ranting:
(the F75's can be set-up similar with disc around 4 to break up nails....)
I say I love hitting this place cause it's convienient, easy diggin', & all the local competition has quit hunting this park. They go there now & come up empty with coins so they consider it hunted out. That drives me & I laugh out loud whenever another coin rolls out:). They even had club hunts here, so I really enjoy going back with my detectors and still digging out coins masked in the trash (even though it's mainly indians & wheats). This is the park featured in the new DVD.
Couple more hours last night & 4 more coins....2 indians & 2 wheats in the 'teens. Now I had to really work for them....I dug several holes & found many of the coins in the same holes as trash. I filled a pouch with junk, but I call that "paying your dues". Move some nails & the coins come later. One pic I took shows a square nail in with the first 1904 Indian head.....
HH,
Bill

Good digging Bill! The F's and T's really are great in the trash. Again, good digs. HH jim tn

Nice finds Bill.
I have the T and the 75,both great units.
Just talked my brother in law in getting a T2.
Hey when u going back to the button dump?
Watched the video not to long ago and had to wipe drool off the lap top.
Where can I buy your video's at?
Thanks.
CS.

Great finds Bill!!! You've got detecting down to a science!!! Can't wait to get ya new DVD. Congrats on the coin finds in a hammered area!

If I had $5 for everytime someone asked us about the button dump in Virginia I would have paid for the entire trip! :) I guess we are kinda spoiled with the site now but shouldn't take it for granted....
But I think we should get back there soon & do another YouTube video. That one is easily the most talked about of all my videos & was the most popular epiosde of the first DVD.
Tony Mullen wrote an article on our infamous button dump that appears in the current Western & Eastern Treasures magazine. Or if anyone else has yet to see it, here's a link to the youtube video.....
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6InAIHh1en8[/video]

the 75 will "hang" with any "minelab"
in the junk!.especially with the "nasty"
5'dd coil on board...just sayin!..sweet hunt bill!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Great Video..

Wheats on the T2 came in at a solid 80 once I seperated 'em from the trash in the same hole.....

So where are the photo's of the trash...I enjoy seeing the finds....good and bad...
I hate going to the park finding a dug hole and pull tabs just covered over....and then remove the tab and find the coin they missed...

Hopefully your just making an observation about other people that bury their junk back 'cause that drives me nuts too.....I end up digging it a second time:veryangry:
If i'm going to continue working this park over & over after work, why would I leave trash in the hole to re-dig another time or mask an indian head?
I always wear a pouch for all the junk I'm pulling out......sorry all the nails went into the trash barrel in the parking lot, but I have a cup fulla aluminium bits if you insist.......
HH,
Bill

burying junk because you are too lazy to "pouch" it
is unthinkable for the reason s bill cited!..why handle it twice?
counterproductive,and just 'stupid"..just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Unfortunately, there seems to be plenty of "stupids" out there. I was hunting a spot a couple of weeks ago and spotted a man and lady detecting down on the far end of the site. They were working my way and I their's and we eventually met up. Each had a digger and a plastic baggie with a few coins in their left hand and detector in their right. We talked for a few minutes and I saw no apron's, pouches or the like, so I finally asked them what they did with their trash. "Oh", the man replied, "toss it up by one of the tree's or re-bury it." I said, "that is a real smart move. Eventually, this old park will be closed to detecting, too," and abruptly turned and walked away. Some of these jerks just don't get and unfortunately, they never will. HH jim tn

I ask for them whenever they offer me stuff like shirts/hats. That way I always have several in the back of my car for not only my personal use, but I give them to my huntin' buddies or even newbies I might see in the field. Sometimes I give 'em out if I speak at a club. I use both sides of the pouch for trash items only, & the good coins/ relics go into my pockets.
Most folks probably end up never wearing my give away's, but I figure I'm at least trying to show the right way to do things, & if it works, perhaps I may not dig out their trash for a 2nd or 3rd time.......
HH,
Bill

that's right jim!..appears to be a lot of this goin' on!
from my perspective,seems like there is somethin' goin ' on with these people
"upstairs"..just sayin!..i mean, how much trouble can it be to "pouch" your trash
and dump it in a trash can at the end of your hunt?..(hot damn!)..c'mon!..

(h.h.!)
j.t.