Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Backlight mod for VID detectors??

deliveryboy

I love hunting at night and usually am a Tesoro guy so no problem, but recently bought a Teknetics Delta 4000. I love the machine but why did they overlook a simple backlighting to it. Has anyone ever modified a non backlit machine with indiglo/LED, etc. or is it even possible?

I realize i can just adhere a little push light to the machine but would love to make it look professional.

I welcome any ideas, for now im just beep and digging which defeats the purpose of VID.

I have seen it done!! someone posted pics and everything.
a small low consumption led tapped into the units power source and positioned correctly would not be that difficult!

chuck.

Hi,
I`m pretty sure that Tesoro uses a commercially available LCD.
Sometimes you can get the same LCD with a lighting setup already installed.
Otherwise you can install a backlight behind the LCD.
Here is an example on how it