Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Backlight On Eagle Spectrum

clockdryve

Purchased a used Eagle Spectrum at the local Pawn Shop a couple years ago for $200. I tried it out for awhile but lost interest because the LCD is a bugger in the daylight under bright sun. And the backlight does NOT work. Any one know how to open the Meter? I think I will need to get behind the sticker on the face. I am sure that the light is broken.....as it was a FAULT in the meter, that Whites will not fix (sell bad part-don't fix it free.....wow) anyway, I was wanting to look inside to see if is any loose wires. I have also heard that some people would have the light disabled to detect in STEALTH mode, or to keep battery use to a minimum, guess the light would never go completely dim. I heard that a few years ago there was someone that would rebuild the meters cheaply.......Whites wants something like $150 to fix it. Can someone also tell me if the Backlight being FULL ON during daylight would HELP with the viewing of the LCD during the day? I just hate to detect without being able to track the meter as I go along. I have just put the detector up. I give my Fisher 1265-X a good workout :) My 1266-X stays in the case.....is newish and hate to get it dirty. LOL. My CZ20 is waiting to get wet again.....got it back from Fisher last year (had new pinpoint button installed-OUCH)!! My XS 2a Pro Sov drives me nuts with ALL the tones :poke: So I need to get my Whites running (my First detector Brand) *I think Fisher is trying to take over me. Haha

I have an Eagle Spectrum I bought in 1991 and the back light will not help viewing during the day. It only helps at dusk or at night.

The back light on mine went out and I do not miss it at all. I can maximize my detecting time by not using the back light.