Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Backphones Ear Pinch Adjustment

flysar

Backphones tend to pinch the top of my ear and don't lay flat on my ear.
I was considering opening up the bend a little by using a heat gun.
I see there is a wire thru to the other ear piece but I don't think it'll get hot enough to cause damage.
Any other ideas?

Sounds like a workable idea.
I agree... if careful I don't think the heat will hurt.
Mine pinch after awhile also.
let us know how it works, I'm sure there are plenty that would like to know.

Using my heat gun, on low, I opened them up (larger gap) and put a little twist to them.
By doing this and not hinging them all the way open (thank you John) they sit flat on my ear, top-bottom and front-back, without pinching the top of my ears and I have full contact across the pad.
... they still work too!
Folded in stow position after bending. I didn't think about taking a before but you may be able to use this for reference.

I wear glasses and the test fit is good.
Probably do a hunt on Wed or Thur and I'll report back.

When stowing in the protective case I did remove the puck and put it between the pads; better fit that way.

amberjack said:
thanks for the pics :biggrin: do they work better with glasses like that also?

thanks

AJ

thanks flysar appreciate the feedback look forward to your report :biggrin:

AJ

flysar said:
I wear glasses and the test fit is good.
Probably do a hunt on Wed or Thur and I'll report back.

When stowing in the protective case I did remove the puck and put it between the pads; better fit that way.

amberjack said:
thanks for the pics :biggrin: do they work better with glasses like that also?

thanks

AJ

Thanks for the tip, finally got around to bending mine today, didn't even notice them on for the 3 hours
I was out this time, I had used them all day Saturday and my ears were aching! I have always looked forward to taking the things off because they hurt so bad! Not anymore, now I can hear the tones better.