Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Backup Question

Lepreshawn

So I know that we can export our ctx 3030 programs and tuck a copy away as a backup, but what about our geohunts and findpoints? How can I export these files so that I can store them on another computer in case my computer ever takes a dump. I would be very upset if all my hunts and find points where lost in one accident. It would also be nice if Minelab would implement a one-click backup button that exported all the mlf, hunts, findpoints, waypoints into a backup file. Or, let xchange 2 backup automatically to the cloud.

Anyway, back to my question. Any clue on how to do this?

I have a Collection that has over 100 files in it. They are a mix of GeoHunts, Findpoints, & Waypoints. Hwere is how I backed up that particular Collection of files. I opened the Collection, selected ALL (to highlight all the files), then dragged them to FILE, and once there I exported them. When you Export a FILE (in this case a large group of files) a bar will appear at the bottom of the screen. I click on "show all downloads". That will bring up another page showing downloads and dates. I find the file I just downloaded and then click on "show in folder", that takes you to your computer file manager, and shows in Downloads where the file is located. There I locate the mlf file just downloaded, in my case it was named "exchange2share", I then renamed it "location 2012 Backup", and then moved it to Documents-Detecting-CTX, this happens to be where I store my MLF files. This file can be emailed, saved on a thumb drive or wherever you like. The name you give it is only for ease of locating the correct file when importing back to XChange2 or when saving or sending the file someplace else. When you import back into XChange2, the items will have the same names as they had before they were exported.