Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Backyard finds

bradwheat777

I was swinging the Vaquero in my back yard today as I have found some interesting relics. I dug what seems to be some sort of bullet and a 1919S wheatie that was masked by some foil. Still haven't dug any silver yet...Hope everybody is having a great day!

Thanks Chuck. If it is, then it is my first civil war relic! There were only a few minor skirmishes in the area of Oklahoma where I live, but none in my hometown. There was an old farm house that used to be on the lot where my house in now. I've dug an Edison's phonograph data plate, and old Chevrolet emblem and several wheat pennies. There are a lot of signals in my yard, just got to dig them all now! Thanks again for the possible id! HH!

Man I love this hobby! This is the best day I have had in a long, long time. I was wanting to go to a couple of places in town but it wasn't going to work out and I was not happy on losing an opportunity with this beautiful weather we have today. Well I can say I am a happy digger now! I was stoked on finding what may be my first civil war relic I went back out and dug a Franklin half! I have hit my the areas in my back yard where I dug these several times before. Just goes to show that you really don't get it all on one trip! Thanks for looking and HH!

Looks like a Williams cleaner bullet to me also.. there was a zinc disc where the gap is now.
This disc. scrubbed the barrel when shot.
Nice Franklin half you got also.. have only dug one myself.. congradulations on some great finds!!!

Thanks guys! I just knew there had to be some silver in my yard, just too many signs for there not to be. When you start finding older wheaties that is usually a good sign. There's tons of broken glass, mason jar type, and of course a ton of nails and other iron. Hopefully there will be some more good weather and I'll start gridding it out. The neighbor across the fence has an old well head, which I have hunted, but haven't hunted the rest of his yard, yet. It's amazing just one day I thought I would mess around and started pulling out relics, that's when my neighbor told me there used to be an old farm house on my lot.

I sure hope that bullet is a Williams bullet cleaner, it's in bad shape, but still I had no idea I would find something like this in my yard, never in a million years! Bootyhoundpa, stay with it I promise you'll start digging up halves :thumbup: Can't wait for you to post them! HH and hope everyone has a great upcoming week!