Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bad Deus 2 9" coil/Warranty Repair experience

ynnek4

Recently, my 9" coil started acting erratically. I had just been on an outing and got home and discovered the coil completely dead. I figured the coil just needed a charge so I hooked it up and left it for some hours. I checked on it and the charging light was blinking erratically, almost like morse code. I disconnected it but it did appear to have taken a charge but the coil meter showed that it was still charging even after being disconnected (also, there was no sound from the detector). After a while, the coil just completely died; no light (even when charging) or when left off the charger. So I contacted where I purchased it and was told to contact Detector Electronics Corp in Massachusetts. I had dealt with them before for a replacement Deus 1 charger and everything went great. After talking to them, I was told to email XP themselves. XP then had me contact American Detector Distributors in Texas. They had me fill out an RMA form and include a receipt of my purchase. I did not have to pay to ship it to them, so I appreciated that. Currently, they are due to receive my coil today. I was told by them they would either repair the coil or replace it. I am not hugely excited they may potentially repair it, so I am hoping they replace it. I get a bit nervous using things that have been altered. Has anyone else had an issue with their coil or any other part of the Deus 2? Was your equipment repaired or replaced? Hopefully, it was a good experience and went smoothly.

Thanks.

I had my remote repaired my detector electronics, just needed reset. took two weeks from start to return. It was under warranty, but I think I still had to pay for shipping to them with a RA number.

No problem with the D2 so far. Sent the guys up in Mass, several D1 pieces just to change batteries. ALWAYS have had a great experience with them. They usually just sent me a new part.
Probably do the same for you.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Recently, my 9" coil started acting erratically. I had just been on an outing and got home and discovered the coil completely dead. I figured the coil just needed a charge so I hooked it up and left it for some hours. I checked on it and the charging light was blinking erratically, almost like morse code. I disconnected it but it did appear to have taken a charge but the coil meter showed that it was still charging even after being disconnected (also, there was no sound from the detector). After a while, the coil just completely died; no light (even when charging) or when left off the charger. So I contacted where I purchased it and was told to contact Detector Electronics Corp in Massachusetts. I had dealt with them before for a replacement Deus 1 charger and everything went great. After talking to them, I was told to email XP themselves. XP then had me contact American Detector Distributors in Texas. They had me fill out an RMA form and include a receipt of my purchase. I did not have to pay to ship it to them, so I appreciated that. Currently, they are due to receive my coil today. I was told by them they would either repair the coil or replace it. I am not hugely excited they may potentially repair it, so I am hoping they replace it. I get a bit nervous using things that have been altered. Has anyone else had an issue with their coil or any other part of the Deus 2? Was your equipment repaired or replaced? Hopefully, it was a good experience and went smoothly.

Thanks.
Just be careful what metal detector dealer you order from.
There is one out there that royally screwed me and many agree

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully, you are all set now!
Thanks
Well the manufacturer stepped up and made things right best they could even though they didn’t have to, but the dealer did absolutely nothing but keep my money. Essentially he screwed us both out of money. Very selfish.

Thanks.
I’m in Calif and Received my Deus 11 in February, in June my 11“ coil wouldn’t charge. Had to send it to detector electronics corp, in Southborough, Ma. They replaced the coil. Think it took about 10 or 12 days to get it back. I paid for shipping to them.

I’m in Calif and Received my Deus 11 in February, in June my 11“ coil wouldn’t charge. Had to send it to detector electronics corp, in Southborough, Ma. They replaced the coil. Think it took about 10 or 12 days to get it back. I paid for shipping to them.
Sucks you had to pay for shipping. Glad you got up and running again though.