Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bad for the hobby...take a look..

DFX-Gregg

Meant to post this here originally...posted in whites forum by mistake... Someone claims this guy is really out there doing this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6DvI_aXV-k&eurl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8OcEE8lQsE&eurl

Takes all kinds Gregg did not listen to the sound just watched the clips so may have missed something but digging holes and not removing trash clearly is not good for any of use. I had a young guy in a park want to film me for a U-Tube clip and I was concerned about how that might be put together and said NO THANKS . Dan

I am still trying to figure out if these are staged just to give our hobby a bad name...or if as someone on another forum insists this guy is for real... Either way if someone knows this goof in California...have a talk with him!

You did the right think not allowing the video...it might have ended up getting twisted around....

I was just telling the wife about this nut!!! I put all my scrap from tonights attempt into 55 galon trash bins at the park! Why would I want to find the same trash twice? I also use a spade to cut the sod and I remove it before I dig so I can put it back nicely just as I found it! In fact my 9 year old could not tell where we had been digging just a few mintes after we had moved on! I am not some Sierra Club,Green Peace type but I was a Boy Scout and I do think think that responable stewardship of our environment is a birth right that every American has! If we do not do out part then no one will let us practice out hobby!

MDing is not for young people in this country to begin with. They look for immediate or very fast monetary gratification for any activity. In MDing for each $100 spent one gets back $1 max.

MDing here now is almost ideal hobby/moderate physical activity for poor retirees who cannot afford neither golf course nor yachting but still need to have something to keep busy and active. All of the THers whom I know started this hobby before the current Administration, when there used to be much more liberties and much less hostility of any kind and restrictions. And none of them younger than 50 y.o.

No young man will ever swing a $800 detector all day to find $0.76 in total. Or even $1.80 (my personal record with using brand new top of the line MXT, PI PRO and Dual Field). Less than a beggar in front of the church.

But even if someone finds a gold ring on the beach - it`s a joke! Gold rings of this level are sold on Ebay for $25 max. Ditto old coins that can be purchased on Ebay for $5-$50 whatever you want.

For us elderlies MDing is almost ideal affordable thing. One-time purchase of a MD and after that - only gas for a small cheap car and parking fee - and free searching all day with fellow buddies!! We can afford it. And we cover all the holes - we have time for it.

Please tell them to stop harassing against us and our hobby, we are old, we do not have much more time left to live.

What a Yahoo! Anybody that thinks they're going to go around picking up $20 gold pieces is sadly deluded. I think the guy tried the hobby and found out how hard it was and was mad, so he made this video as a way of getting his anger out. Sad, real Sad. Somebody needs to get this piece of propaganda removed from the net. No one that has lived for any real length of time ought to think that they are going to get rich that easy. Most of us are in it for the thrill of the find, not for any serious riches. If all this guy wanted to do was get rich he ought to have invested his money in fertilizer futures, because with that kind of attitude that's all he's ever gonna have.

This has to be staged, I have NEVER seen anyone find a coin no matter the date and throw it away. If this guy is for real, I am glad he is in California and I am in Virginia.

i'm with you!..bad news!

(h.h!)'
j.t.

Im only 32 but i have more sense than that...I enjoy the hobby not just the few and far between rewards.

The guy in the first video is a complete nimrod. Literally throwing away money. Real smart.

Filling in holes only takes a few seconds! Once ya get good at it you can actually take pride in how well you have filled them in, looks like nobody was ever there.

I think he's wrapped about as loose as his coil cable. I hope he gives up metal detecting and sells his detector to someone who really loves the hobby.

As for the second video, I think it's fake. The guy with the camera sounds like he's acting and turns the camera away from the car right at the moment where he could have got the license plate on the video. That's just too cute to be real. I think the whole thing was staged, probably by a couple of jerks who want to smear metal detectorists for some reason.

Macaco said:
Filling in holes only takes a few seconds! Once ya get good at it you can actually take pride in how well you have filled them in, looks like nobody was ever there.
I never looked at that way but i find myself taking pride in how well i can repair my retrieval marks. I am 40 and absolutely leave no trace. This vid cant be for real!!

Same Jerk in both videos . Both obviously staged . Probably stole money out of his mom's purse to buy airplane glue as a youngster and then blamed it on another sibling . Pathetic .
H H ,
George

Obvious stage, obvious troll.

It doesn't even look like he knows how to use a detector. He waves the coil near a foot off of the ground, and has the coil wire just hanging off the back in a loop.

It is very offensive to me to watch the second video. Just think of the home owner that happens to see this nob on the video. Than here you come and ask for permission to detect on his property.
If this guy is trying to make a funny video it is missing the mark by a very long shot. Just think of some newbie watching this video and thinking this is the way that it is done when md'ing.
He is perfect example of why man should eat its off spring.
If I saw this guy I would have to break his detector in half so he couldn't go out anymore.
The scary thing is that he drives and probably owns a gun.....Z
P.S. I have nothing against guns.

My vote is that they are both staged, as spoofs on the other metal detecting videos on You Tube.

In the first one, he spoofs the historical sites and relic hunting types of videos, with the long intro of scenery and comments about the history of the place. He is obviously not a detectorist---look at the odd angle of the coil (you can't get wide sweeps with it like that), and also the way the coil cable is looped together and hanging from the shaft (I've never seen anyone do that), then the comment about the "history" of the penny he tosses away, plus when commenting about not filling his holes, he actually shovels some more dirt out of the hole, just to make things worse! Also, even newbies don't expect to fine gold coins in a park (especially not knowing the history of it, as he says in the beginning).

Well, a good spoof video could be funny, but this one isn't even funny. He might have made it somewhat funny by putting some slapstick in there, but I think a person would need to be an actual detectorist to really know what would be funny.

The second video has the same metal detector---notice the looped cable hanging from the shaft. What are the odds that the same guy who made the first video would be the one person caught on video while digging in someone's front yard? Now that's funny.

They tried, I guess, but they won't be "The Last Spoof Video Standing."

eethr

yeah!..especially when it's in your face!..bustin' the detector sounds cool though!..good move!

(h.h!)
j.t.