Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bad Ground and recovery delay

hang7575

Going to Relic hunt in N Virginia bad powdered iron dirt. This will be 3rd time down there and have done pretty good with the V, not upgraded, in single freq 7.5 I know there are deep targets there would running a recovery of say 100 be better than 45 help to go deeper or will it be negated by the bad ground??

I dont think an increase of the RD to 100 alone would be a big depth improvement,but that, in combination of finding the right filter for the ground and matching your swing speed to the increased RD setting probably will.While I havent relic hunted,I would have to believe running a mixed mode program would be beneficial.

The recovery delay wouldn't help the bad ground conditions. I do feel a longer RD will help get a better reading on deeper targets. For a swing speed of 1.5 to 2 feet per second a RD of 100 to 105 is pretty good for a D2 coil.

It would nice to hear your results when yo get back.

BHNugget said:
I dont think an increase of the RD to 100 alone would be a big depth improvement,but that, in combination of finding the right filter for the ground and matching your swing speed to the increased RD setting probably will.While I havent relic hunted,I would have to believe running a mixed mode program would be beneficial.

I have a good program for that dirt Dont use mixed mode, use all metal the discrimination part of VLF machine is pretty useless. in that dirt everything reads as iron or hotrock I do look at the spectrogragh and if any green pops up for an instant it is usually something good. The first time I hunted at a DIV I found more stuff checking holes that people dug and covered back up. There would be bullets in the dirt pile there machines would not pickup.The pulse machines rule in that dirt but I dont have one. 400 people MDing on a 3000 acre farm awesome!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fm3vhCA8Tw&feature=player_embedded