Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bad news from my friend.

alex

Here is a story.. my friend told me about what happened to his At Pro. He went to hunt at a lake and after 2 hours using md in a cold water (about 2/4 inches under a water) he noticed that Pro started falsing a lot, so he pulled md out of the water and ..............look what happened to his AT Pro.
atpro.jpg

Big crack across.. now he is all puzzled what really happened to his detector? He claims that was no phisical damage to MD (no one sat or stepped on Pro).
Anyone can scientifically explain that puzzle? Just wanna tell you, that he used this detector in a water about 60 hours before, without any problems at all.

but why? Thats a vary strange crack :confused: :garrett: has manufactured thousands of these units and this is the first one too do that but wierder things have happened :sadwalk:

Thats a stress crack. A flaw in the plastic during manufacturing it looks like to me. It happens on the stress points at times as you can never usually see this flaw. Happens with everything.

sasquache said:
but why? Thats a vary strange crack :confused: :garrett: has manufactured thousands of these units and this is the first one too do that but wierder things have happened :sadwalk:

How do we know this is the first and only one too do this?

I hope you are right and this is just a isolated incident.

But to be on the safe side i think I will keep the control box out of cold water.

Luckily I live in Ga. so this would not be a problem until the winter.

Good Hunting

Denny

Now that sux!! Thankfully, Garrett has a second-to-none warranty on their detectors. I'm sure they'll get him a brand new shiny one in short order!! I've seen similar things posted on other water rigs, just happens sometimes. Personally, I've had my DP Diver headphones crack while I was wearing them(Electronics in the 'phones). My Excal battery pod got a small leak and when I went to charge it, the moisture inside expanded and it blew up, shot the top off the pod and across the room, totaled the pod. But I still use both and don't coddle them. I'll do the same with my ATP, use it how it was intended to be used!! Keep us posted on what happens with your friend and his dealings with Garrett!!

I'm going to work the crap out of mine and have been. Cold, hot, anything. Inside volcanoes. Inside of glaciers. Down to 9.99 feet underwater. This way any problems will come to light withing the 2 year warranty.

I have heard the At Pro hits hard on gold but this is crazy. He is going to have to turn the senstivity down a bit, the old boy could not take it. :)

Seriously, I hope Garrett turns it around quickly so he is back swinging soon.

Jerry

khouse said:
I'm going to work the crap out of mine and have been. Cold, hot, anything. Inside volcanoes. Inside of glaciers. Down to 9.99 feet underwater. This way any problems will come to light withing the 2 year warranty.

I like your attitude.

Sounds like something we all might try!

Good Hunting

Denny

So far, what i know he sent it to Garrett for repair. Hopefully he'll get a new one back. :nopity:

Water cold enough to do somethiglike that woudl be too cold to go into. I agree with the stress fracture theory. That said, I'm always dropping mine (gently, mind you) and bumping it so who really knows.

Cold Water????

I also have At Pro but never used it in a water so far. Garrett claims that it is fully submersible up to 10 feet but to me it looks like its not a case. I know at least 2 people whose detectors had
leak under display. Science i mostly hunt at beach and definitely one day will use At Pro under water i'm kinda scratching my head now.