Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Badges, Pins, Marbles, Relics - Recent Finds - Pic Heavy

William-NM

Well, it's been such a challenge to keep up with cleaning and posting my finds that I have decided to outsource that part of the operation:
china-outsourcing.jpg

It was back to the creek for some more relic goodness ( Here are the results of mixing road rage, holiday stress, and alcohol (or worse):
no-parking.jpg

Here's a school patrol badge that I'm thinking about pinning to my new "law enforcement" belt - should keep most cranky property owners from complaining about my digging up their back yards :angel: Also a different style Saint Christopher medallion with wings. It has an airplane, dirigible, train, ship, and auto around the edges. The second photo shows 3 more Chauffer's license pins that I found. They're from 1938, 1943, and 1950. The two earlier ones are brass, and the last is a white metal.:
badges.jpg
chauffers.jpg

Some pretty nice pins turned up - an Art Nouveau one that I haven't done much cleaning on yet - it is a white metal under the patina - maybe Silver. Then there's a big brass (I guess) broach and below that, my favorite one - a Brass or Bronze pin with two coin shaped images; a young woman in the lower left and an image of the Trojan war hero, Hector, at the top right. (the name "Hector" is imprinted lightly to the left of the man who wears an ornate Greek Helm). It has a nice verdigris patina. Maybe a sweetheart pin?
pins.jpg

I found a couple of tokens: One is a Cracker Jack Mystery Club promo with the 2nd US President, John Adams on it. The other was a treat to find - I did some cleanup along the fenceline of one of the stone ruins and found my first local saloon token! It's Aluminum, so has suffered some, but still quite legible; The Exchange Bar, Silver City, N. Mex., Good for 2 1/2 Cents in Trade!
token-in-hole.jpg
saloon-token-in-hole.jpg

tokens-a.jpg
tokens-b.jpg

More favorites: a Brass hanging scale, the Excelsior Improved Spring Balance, found next to a stone foundation, maybe used to weigh out their veggies from the Chinese Gardens. Also found the Sheik Condom tin, you can just make out the 'sheik' on his camel if you squint just right.
scale.jpg

And I'm still on a 'roll', marble-wise!
marbles.jpg

Managed a few Wheaties and a nice 1959 Mexican five centavos coin:
coins-a.jpg
coins-b.jpg

Just a little silver ring for the melt bin and a few other pieces of junk jewelry:
jewelry.jpg

Lots of eating utensils, all plate or Nickel Silver, though. (I've got a basket full of 'em now - some will become rings and I'm thinking about re-plating some favorites to use or sell....) and the usual load of buckles and buttons!
silverware.jpg
buckles.jpg

A couple of toys, signs, and stuff, and the usual clock guts and locks (the second sign says: "Member, The Roth Rock Stores Incorporated, Handsome Premiums Free"):
toys-misc.jpg
clocks-locks.jpg

I can't resist bottles, my favorite from this lot is the clear one that says "Solution Citrate Magnesia. Dose: Adults: One Half to One Bottle. Children in proportion to age".
bottles.jpg

I always find lots of rusty enamelware, but this was my first urinal!
enamelware.jpg

Here's the iron and a couple of chunks of copper that the fire transformed into something like undersea coral reefs, a several pound copper specimen (that didn't really show well in the photo), and an Aluminum fire sculpture. I also found a Copper star-shaped mold (I guess) that matches the heart shaped one I found a while back.
iron.jpg
metals.jpg

And the rest, followed by a 5# mechanic's Copper dump - all found within a 3' x 3' area (and I found a 5# copper pipe the day after, too, so that's $30 in recycling right there :crazy:
stuff.jpg
grooming.jpg
copper.jpg

Sheesh. I already have almost this much again to get posted. NOT COMPLAINING !! Thanks, Santa & Angels!!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good year!!

Hi William ,

Merry Christmas to you too . This is a really great post , nice pictures of your cool finds with some great humor thrown in . Congrats on all of it .:clapping::thumbup:

I'm exhausted just from reading this post!:rofl: Your just a regular hoover of all things metallic, glassy or interesting arnt you! The top shot of your cleaning crew was great!:rofl: Merry Christmas, your posts were a pleasure to follow this year! :clapping
Mud:

WOW! What a haul! I love that old stuff! :cheers: I have a friend that lives in Gallup NM. Looks like I better give him a visit and bring my detector along :detecting:

Thanks for the kind words, guys! Hope you're all having a great holiday.
Thanks, Mud - only one rule: have fun!
MikeO: Yep, I've dug well over 200 marbles from this site - from the amount of red brick and ash, I think that some came from buildings that burned and were hauled to the old landfill.
Randy: I'd definitely bring your detector - some of the old trails passed near Gallup - I'd love to hunt some of their old campsites and skirmish sites.