Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bag of money

still looking 52

Found this bag of coins yesterday while hunting with my brother. All the coins were dated from 1966 to 1978 and there was 12 coins altogether in this small bag so we are thinking it was lost or buried somewhere in the late 70s or early 80s.
We started thinking about what scenario happened to have this bag of coins left laying in the ground maybe somebody's lunch money? Glad to find this bag but if it would have been silver coins I probably would still be dancing in that field.

Well brother SL52 was having trouble with the pictures so here is what was in the little bag. When I seen my brother heading in my directions carrying that little bag, I thought he had lost it, now he is showing off his trash.:lol:

Brother Ron in WV

[attachment 332911 tumblr_n6zph5h53N1riedg9o1_500.gif] Click on image for dance moves.

That's the kind of find that will get the the ole heart pumping. Any silver show up in that field? HH jim tn

Well we sure had some fun with that little bag of loot.:)

Ron in WV

Bet that was----- ( What Is This)------- to see in the hole---------- Maybe you found the hiding spot of bank robbers??????LoL--------after1-----

Jim, not far from where I found this bag of coins is where I found my first and only silver spill, it was in the same field about 50 yards away. Altogether in this area now we've found 6 silver dimes.

That field seems to have been filled with close to a foot of dirt, out in the middle we haven't found anything old in the range of sliver. So we are thinking that the older silver is to deep for our detectors. Seems that any good stuff left is along the edges 0 to 20' feet in. Now that we are getting to know the lay of the land we can go back and work the edges in different directions. My next trip I will be running the Fisher 1270 it seems to give me the best depth of any detector I have.

Ron in WV

n/t